What should DPS be to the public?

There’s no communication between dps and it’s “child” departments

Can we stop calling them children departments please

1 Like

I disagree, at that stage you put more fail-safes in place to ensure that doesn’t happen. At the minute DPS is too powerful.

1 Like

@fobagosalot

1 Like

Yes disband investigations

1 Like

dps is useless

2 Likes

They should be foucsing on the safety of the citizens;

How? They should be meeting with LEO depts, discussing how LEOs should spread out, how they should handle things, and how they should prepare for things like state of emergencies, wars, and big situations.

They are the Department of Public Safety, not the Department of Tryhard LEO HICOMM.

I find it COMPLETELY useless for them to oversee punishments and such, because it beats the purpose of having a department’s leadership. They should focus on the safety of the public, and not be budding their head into everything that goes on. I literally just had a DPS official try ordering me to reinstatement somebody who my command terminated, and I told them that I don’t take orders from them.

And if DPS is going to be doing things relating to my department, everything should have to be approved by myself, because I personally don’t want to take orders from some 3rd party department and I’m sure many others can relate to me.

The last time DPS did this shit, I created this petition – and you saw how many supports it got: A Petition to the Governor

4 Likes

Alright. I am both an SCSO Internal Affairs Investigator/Supervisor and a DPS Investigator.

In my eyes, there is no need for an Investigational side of DPS. What DPS should be is a Support services department and should be tasked with the following and only the following;

Making Directives each department should follow; Must be approved by the dept. Head/Deputy Head
Managing and dealing with appeals of a department
Handling legal support to law enforcement, or public safety professionals that need it

You can clearly see that DHS can handle investigations with their own IA, so the ‘child’ departments should be able to handle it as well.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me via discord.
Thanks

BangaBus_Quit
Department of Public Safety Investigator
Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant

1 Like

it shouldnt be absolute ass

honestly just remove it thx

2 Likes

And a part from that, our department’s Internal Affairs bureau is also ran by DPS. Why can’t DPS just leave departments alone and let the department heads do what they need to do want in order for the department to succeed.

1 Like

I don’t even believe DPS should be in charge of appeals, I believe Department’s must be able to do that, IA issue the punishments then a separate IA or HICOMM member can handle the appeal to remain unbiased, there’s no need for DPS to do so.

1 Like

also shoutout to identitylaw for taking our concerns and making a forum about it to hear us out

dont see that too often from governors, most don’t care about your complaints

3 Likes

about dps reinstating;

I think the department hicomm should keep whoever they want in their department, not what an outsider wants. I wouldn’t want to run a department with people that I feel are incompetent. DPS shouldn’t really be interfering with this.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll talk to DPS sometime in the next few days.

1 Like

You shouldnt filter those in your department with you want. That givea vias tendencies. This is where laws for employment need to take place.

@Identitylaw feel free to dm me on discord!

How about legislation that allows us the power to do that…( Not saying it to be rude. Just saying as a suggestion) I think we should work together and revise legislation, because obviously nobody is like the new divisions, and nobody likes investigations. So why not scrap investigations, and appeals. Then make Emergency Management alongside Legal Representation to help with this situation?

That will be Emergency Management, we already have the EAS just need to do some work in thought with it.

as long as FNG is never under DPS, I’m good. I think DPS is good where it is.

DPS is crossing guards in my city

2 Likes

From the standpoint of myself, a Public Safety veteran within Firestone (with numerous assoc. sec. + positions), I’ve always pushed for DPS to become more responsible for ensuring the safety of the public.

I attempted to instate the Office of Emergency Management, along with First Aid qualifications for Law Enforcement Officers, both of which are things that would help improve the safety and wellbeing of the citizens of Firestone. The EAS system was a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

Investigations weren’t something that I wanted to include. I fought against the Governor (OVG at the time), and the Secretary (tommy at the time), to remove investigations. I established IA within the child departments, because that’s how it should be. Although I do agree that there needs to be SOMEONE who will watch over the investigations, an unbiased third party - but DPS isn’t the right department to do it.

There’s no need for DPS to be abolished, you just need to establish better ideas and foundations into the department in order for it to work.

the eas system is the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever seen dps do

if flash was a secretary, he could’ve changed all of this im js.