Why isn't Homeland Security Under Department of Public Safety?

"oh because DHS does not do the same work as the other LE agencies, we just do intelligence and protection details"

• well in that case, we all have overestimated DHS’s duties and I think the developers will be removing the law enforcement tools (handcuffs/citations) as well as removing patrol vehicles if they aren’t needed.

"it’s because DHS command will not let it/don’t want it to happen"

• oh sorry since when was DHS command a part of congress???

"we can’t let DPS near us because we have classified information"

• that’s not what DPS regulates. DPS regulating the policing work, not intelligence work

"we do just fine without DPS"

• well so do the other departments but they have DPS

• again, I ask that you take a look at the policies of DPS and you’ll see how simple it is

https://trello.com/b/9APN0XrL/firestone-department-of-public-safety

• on another note, why isn’t NG: Military Police under DPS either???

I can answer that one, because in real life Military Police (Security Services (Air Force), Masters at Arms (Navy)) are not under any Department of Public Safety

yeah and DHS is not a real department in the states in real life, so where do I sign the abolish DHS bill?

I would call up your local State Congressmen/Congresswoman to get one started

on another note, why isn’t NG: Military Police under DPS either???

In my opinion DPS just wants power over all departments. If they had power over FNG:MP, they would be telling us where to stand, what we can and cannot do, and giving us bullshit guidelines because apparently according to DPS it is unprofessional if you wear a religious necklace over your uniform and not tucked in.

They’d probably infiltrate our discord and pick apart every little bit of it, firing anyone for any small thing. Oh, you jokingly said something slightly rude or offensive? Free termination! Not to mention how the secretary launches investigations and terminates people for offensive things yet he himself posts 9/11 jokes in the SCSO discord.

4 Likes

You have this as a barrier of protection: (An Act to Establish General Employment Rights)

put dhs in dps and you will have major outrage from its members good luck

2 Likes

my opinion:
either all leo depts should be under dps or none
“we don’t wanna be under dps” do you think any of us do?!?!?!?

1 Like

dhs is technically a agency not law enforcement so you cant

The only reason us as citizens think DHS doens’t have problems is cause 1. their discord is private and 2. they are’t under DPS.

IF DPS was over them, we would find out about a lot more issues they have. They just keep it covered up.

Honestly DHS is a great department with great people who are competent. If DHS was the only department it would go great, but SCSO and FSP are less great cause its much easier to get in.

The only thing is DHS is corrupt as in their ways of action. They are so cringy tbh. They think they’re this elite department that no one else can mess with, which they kind of are, but they shouldn’t have the right to act like that as they are just another department.

As for why they are “special”, I think they should be under DPS like everyone else.

The fact that mods are in DPS and that they can basically do anything they want makes me see Firestone as corrupt.

DHS is a great department with a bad attitude, other departments are both bad and have bad attitudes. Firestone is just going down hill…

1 Like

Most of the things that DPS would have to intervene with in DHS would involve investigations or intelligence no? Which is classified. And I doubt the Governor or Congress will grant DPS that power. And it appears most people are against this (including Congressmen I’ve polled).

1 Like

Look at SCFD(idk why SCFD is not open to the public not my problem)and FNG. Their discords are private along with us.

SCSOs is too. That’s not my point, my point is yours is private on a larger level to where there is literally no one from the outside public to be able to tell anyone about corruption going on.

how is using LOVID risking classified information?

how does any of this risk classified information:
https://trello.com/b/9APN0XrL/firestone-department-of-public-safety

if DPS stumbled upon the realm of classified info for whatever reason, they can simply stop and be kept out of it. congress could make an exception for this

the main policing work done in DHS is the FPS, do they handle classified information in their daily duties?

I’m not really trying to get the law changed, just looking for a good answer and showing you why there is no answer

please give a specific example

just cus u dont get dhs protection anymore ur triggered, what a joker

yeah it’s a federal thing not a state thing, look it up

I actually meant states when I said “the states”

Why not change it to a federal thing then? Oh wait, remember what fed said?

if u dont like how dhs is leave the state

Bud you’re at an eleven I need you to bring it down to a four.

1 Like

simply because we are a state group not a nation group

it is not possible to make it a federal thing