Why i think the government isn't in its best shape right now

hi. sourcedinfinity here, old member of firestone and current gui dev

i have a main issue with the state of firestone and it’s about the government. here’s why i think its not good and why it needs to be changed. i no longer consider firestone’s government as a fully democratic republic, but rather a popularity and corruptible contest between the higher ups in the state, and im here to tell you how iffy the political community really is

i served as senator twice and house of reps roughly three times over the 3 years i was in this state. i didn’t do that much, but i took a stand against things that harmed the freedoms of the people. that used to be the priority for congress- we had so many new ideas from other people, and congress was actually active in all parts of the legislature, and people agreed with other things. but now, i see power struggle.

we now see people pumping out bills not for the sake of the people, but for the sake of their own political agenda, in order to break records and/or increase their political influence. we’re no longer having campaigns fulfilling their promises of rooting out problems, but rather them causing more. congress has had a shitty reputation for a long time and nobody actually cares to do anything about it.

instead of actually making good bills that support our departments, we’re making new ones that don’t do anything but provide their companions positions. i still don’t see the current use of the secretary of defense, other than being an advisor to the governor about war and being an internal affairs department for other armed services, even though firestone is absolute jackshit at diplomacy AND we haven’t had a war with another state in a year and a half

for the judiciary, i feel like its falling apart. it’s not skye’s fault, but rather its on the people before her

what i currently see in the judiciary is toxicity and understaffed positions. the toxicity comes from the egotistical policies that’s been structured in the state for quite some time, because you need to know roblox law in order to become part of the judiciary. now i see people like jefrafra out here calling people out because of legislation that’s hurting department officials. you see people like him calling other people unqualified to understand legislature, treating them like 12-13 year olds because of his own assumption that the police can’t read roblox law.

i still haven’t seen any establishment of a law institute or anything regarding an easier chance to pass the bar exam. i’m not even sure if people even have motivation because it’s been made too complex.

as of my main concern, it’s also very understaffed, and it’s also due in-part because of the selection system. you can’t really touch the judiciary until you can touch the bar exam, and since it’s way too difficult to some people, there is not enough motivation for people to become DCJs

im only here to speak my own opinion on the matter, and you can do the same below. some people can agree, and disagree, but keep it clean.

8 Likes

i dont even have to read this post.

i agree 100%.

edit. i do not agree 100%

a law institute does exist, that jef leads. :joy:

edit 2: i tried to make congress secondary, fed said no. we are trying our best to get people that are qualified but its difficult.

1 Like

I agree because I think that the communication between the public and congress is poor. I wish for it to improve.

1 Like

tl;dr

people like jefrafra make me vomit (extreme toxicity with no fucking moral ability to accept opinions, preferring to call people incompetent rather than hearing out their actual fucking opinions)

the judiciary is understaffed and nobody is doing anything to help it because of their policies

the legislature is making stupid shit and not helping departments at all, but rather helping themselves and their buddies get power

we no longer have successful campaigns that actually meet their promises

everyone thinks they’re right and everyone else is wrong (see people like jefrafra makes me vomit)

secdef is useless.

8 Likes

10-4 blog it

5 Likes

i have spent literally 15 hours reforming the entire legislative board and making a criminal code that establishes offenses in a proper way with clear guidelines and clear definitions

i also consult with the various LEO cab secs on a daily basis about legislation that is being ratified/considered. idk what type of ‘power’ you are talking about

the EB is failing, dont blame that on us

don’t you dare fucking say that i’m not helping departments

edit2: secdef is pretty useless. dod shouldnt even exist imo- it looks literally as if canine just wanted to keep power

but thats not my problem- i focus on the issues that somehow manage to happen on a daily basis because some people in power cant do their fucking jobs. thats what i thought this post was about, but then you go off about some shit that isnt even happening? idfk what the deal is with that

2 Likes
  • still no publicly stated progress on the institute

• you’ve been helping, but has everyone else?

• leo cab secs communication is good, but what about the actual department employees

• sec def is indeed useless. that is exactly why i wrote this forum saying so

people in power can’t do their jobs, yes i was going to reference that- and some laws in the past were made just to break records

1 Like

not to mention the utter lack of quality in most of the bills that exist now.

mainly the reason i supported ms. jones’ campaign, because of the fact that she intended to introduce legislative reform

1 Like

yes everyone else in congress has been helping

i also tagged all of FSP literally no more than 48 hours ago about the criminal code im working on! i also do the same on a CONSTANT basis!

1 Like

heres a screenshot if you don’t believe me, http://prntscr.com/qaxdeo

1 Like

to continue

due to the judiciary’s lack of staff, legal criminals who want to go legal have no way to going legal without having to go through a mass-expungement court case, which can take hours upon hours and sometimes can just result in a shitty expungement overall

the executive branch is also bunched up with random positions that fulfill the power-whore personalities of some of the people in this government. doesn’t make sense. why dedicate time on making random positions other than actually spending time working on reformation

and sometimes people forget that this is a fucking game, not the actual fucking floor of congress. don’t act high and mighty because you have a roblox position, but rather high and mighty on how you help people.

4 Likes

yea thats kinda how its been ever since it was created

7 Likes

he makes everyone vomit

1 Like

I’ve noticed that in the first half of my term as a Representative, I’ve been afraid to take risks to fulfill my goals. I was scared of my bills not being good enough, or detailed enough. Basically, I was scared about the public opinion on my bills. And that is extremely contradictory to my campaign goals.

I’ve come to change my ways (at least I think I did, I don’t know about you) when talking to Hecxtro lot. When he needed help fixing the old criminal code, I jumped at the chance, because I knew I needed to make our laws a little better then what they were when I came into office. I am currently collaborating with him on writing our criminal code, and it’s been amazing to work with him on it.

And also, I never really thought of reelection that much. I knew my job was to represent the public in the House of Representatives, but I never thought about how I was going to get reelected. I’m not trying to make a crazy defense on this, I’m just trying to give my personal experience on this.

1 Like

You haven’t liked me since I disagreed with your legislation uhhhhhh… a year ago?

The judiciary definitely is not falling apart. We have 3 promising mentees that are in the process of becoming court justices.

In my judicial capacity, it is my job to reject opinions. I am a trier of fact. If I let opinions influence how I do my job, I would be a horrible Justice. Outside of my official capacity, I definitely seek the opinions of others. In fact, in reference to the bill that protects the rights of employees, I asked opinions in every Discord I could access (proof below).

You can be incompetent while expressing an opinion, and I don’t hesitate to call that out when I see it. Like, in this case, you were incompetent by making opinionated claims that you can’t back, whereas I have, in fact, refuted your claims with supporting evidence.

This state definitely has problems, but ensuring only competent people become court justices (some of the most powerful people in the state) is not one of them. I am certainly rude, and I apologize that you have had some bad ideas which I have called you on, but that doesn’t mean the judiciary is falling apart.

1 Like

thats on popularity

1 Like

@anon53012218 Have you ever seen an IRL congressman become a firefighter and an LEO at the same time they are in office? Why the fuck should Congress become secondary? Yeah sure more people would be able to switch between LEO Zander Congress, but that also opens the position of letting a judge be a representative. It’s just absurd!

As for the institute it was formed about 1-2 weeks ago, but they haven’t planned out the staff for it. Only Jef has been appointed as the superintendent, but that’s the latest on the institute. Nothing else has happened since he was appointed as far as I know.

I agree Jef is overstepping his boundaries by commenting certain remakes while he is an AJSC. There is a fine line between what would be acceptable what is NOT acceptable. It’s unfortunate that the bill on judicial ethics isn’t being enforced though.

Unfortunately, I see nothing happening with the JMP, the new Judge In Training program, even when there have been three candidates accepted since it was created. None of those candidates have been confirmed onto the bench or even nominated. Mock trials haven’t been scheduled either.

The DoD is useless. We don’t need a department of defense when, as sourced says, there hasn’t been a fucking war in a year and a half.

Ok I agree with most parts

2 Likes

Define “qualified”

1 Like

if Firestone stays in its current state with a broken county and nothing else, I can assure that all the motivated people here will be gone within the next 10 months.

i think it also partly has to do with v3. v3 will really give Firestone a chance to revise itself and will drag more people into the government other than those who’ve been here for such a long time.

the law institute has to go into operation ASAP. the JMP has to go into operation ASAP.

2 Likes

so how long will it take to actually get those 3 taught and nominated, because i only see just 3 people in training, and no actual progress.

and yes, your judicial capacity does include rejecting opinions, i’m aware of what the supreme court does. however, that doesn’t constitute you going around and acting like a piece of shit on the forums and getting away with it just because you’re speaking “truth”

it’s about respect and dignity. you’re supposed to be a role model for others who want to be in the judiciary, and all you’ve been doing is being an absolute dickhead to other people in the community.

not being hesitant to call out incompetency doesn’t mean it exempts you from being an asshole lol

1 Like