Why FSP has been struggling to find the perfect Department Head

FSP has been deteriorating ever since Arctic has been dismissed, and there’s a reason why. I believe this is the cause to this downhill spiral and why we’re yet again awaiting a new Colonel.

Past heads maintained a better structure and functionality for the department, standards were also higher. This meant better command staff in general meaning more capable leaders to choose from when the current head retires or is removed.

However, due to the downgrade of command standards and over-promotion, this has not been a reality for FSP in it’s current state. If a department head does not keep his or her command staff in shape, this causes major issues. Now, since davidtiy has been dismissed, the options on who to nominate are bleak. It is going to be interesting on who the Governor nominates now considering this.

As of now, I personally believe it’s going to be someone outside of FSP that held some former HICOMM position in it OR Lieutenant Colonel fobagosalot.

Overall, if the next Colonel can understand this and try to prevent these types of issues in the future, FSP could actually become the department it once was.

4 Likes

hire me as colonel, ill reinstate crusin

4 Likes

I’ll reinstate those who were wrongfully demoted.

7 Likes

reinstate everyone but icebreaker

5 Likes

I do agree with most of your points, however, I’ve said many times, the state patrol has not had a colonel admit publicly to its many issues. Most solutions have been attempted internally, without any information given to the general public. The state patrol’s issue is a mix between the quality and quantity of the command. The Colonel must work alongside their command staff, from bronze to gold command to ensure that there is an agreed structure and process. Since every administration tends to change the previous administration’s doing.

Edit: In conjunction with Alaskan’s statement, I do believe more thought should be made with future reforms, attempting to negotiate over a span of several days rather than allowing a 24 hour period between the announcement of reforms and to the conclusion.

3 Likes

Most of the Colonels/Superintendents only fess up to what they feel the Department is doing wrong. They need to own up to the mistakes that have been made within the Department and fix them. Instead of writing aimless policies that just clog up more space on Google Drive, Colonels/Superintendents need to hold public meetings, ask the community, etc. keeping the community out of the loop except for when you make moves within the Department is pretty fucked up and is the reason why 99% of the Colonels fail.

4 Likes

Indeed. Most new Colonels have incredible plans within the first month, as well as keeping the public informed. I’ve discussed this with Davidtiy, and how after that initial one month period, communication and the initiate seems to drop significantly.
We don’t want nor need regular released, we just need command to tell the public what’s going on during important times, such as “the command is discussing… at the moment”. However, not to the point of insecurity where they are second-guessing each move.

3 Likes

Strongly agreed. Obviously you don’t need to say every small detail but being up to date with the newest information never killed nobody. Literally, if there’s a chain of promotions, announce it, let people know. Hell, hold a public ceremony so they can also stay up to date with any other announcements/notices that occur.

2 Likes

I’ll make a list of traits to a successful Colonel:

• Transparency when it comes to decision making
  • Not paranoid of the outcome of most decisions
  • Overall active [does patrolling sometimes] and able to commit to FSP
  • Able to withstand different/harsh opinions while maintaining a professional attitude
  • Experience in FSP
  • Listens to the public and their suggestions/Communicative to the public
3 Likes

tim fucked up FSP, david had to work with what he was given

2 Likes

Here is what I think the issue is with FSP at the current moment. All of the recent Superintendents/Colonels have only wrote documents which they try to play off as progress. We need a leader who will listen to the Troopers, Corporals, Sergeants, etc. David demoted many people who were actually doing good work for the interest of the department. This only made things worse once we not happy.

3 Likes

You have one of the most accurate comments out there. It’s been a while since a Colonel interacted with the lower ranks.

3 Likes

I know you were the few which excelled with that.

3 Likes

We also need more options for command positions. We keep on picking the same people over and over. That is why we need to make new leaders.

5 Likes

Exactly, the command has been deteriorating causing less and less capable leaders that could take the Colonel position.

If this isn’t fixed, we’ll always need to nominate someone outside of FSP which is risky in terms of their capability.

3 Likes

yall need someone who doesnt ask questions and just gets shit done

fr

edit: why should they have to come from FSP, that’s why this culsterfuck of issues keeps happening. literally anyone with LE command experience would be more than capable of restoring the department

3 Likes

can we take some time to realize how similar tsp is to SCSO (it has 2 platoons, 1 big division which has its own group COUGH COUGH #ASU4PRIMARY)

how about **for once somebody takes scso’s rank structure and idk modify it a little if you’re hand are itching to do something? SCSO is pretty successful, it hasn’t had it’s past 3-4-5 sheriffs dismissed… that probably means that they are doing something right. Also yes, rank structure is not the only problem, but let me tell you something, fix the ranks structure (because surprise surprise the rank structure plays a giant role in departments) and fix the people IN THOSE RANKS and as long as command will be doing their job then FSP should become better.

5 Likes

FSP has always been a hot mess

all due respect to fsp of course, its just facts

4 Likes

i will support any candidate who promises to reinstate crusin k

2 Likes

:gun: Keep talkin…

2 Likes