Why felons (like me) are treated unfairly in Firestone

Let’s ban all criminals, they’re not playing the game properly! What’s the LEOs gonna do now eh?

6 Likes

This is the worst idea ever Tor… Ban all criminal… get a ban for speeding sure. Idk fed will approve it

1 Like

It’s an intention by devs to do crime, it is certainly not their intention for police officers to abuse their position to the level you did-and considering fed once removed most of DOC’s tools over a dispute if they require a POST cert, I’d bet he’d reinforce that intention.

1 Like

You make it sound like I were corrupted, accepted bribes or used my position to get my wishes through. Which is wrong. I could’ve been a Probationary Trooper and it wouldn’t matter. I’ve never abused my position. One incident, one fucking incident isn’t “abuse”.

That’s like saying I’m bullying you if I call you an idiot once.

1 Like

I don’t trust the bill at all.
It’s written by a convicted felon, he could hide a small loophole we might not see in there.

1 Like

Jason, lets be real. You dislike Timothy no mater what. Also let me know if you find a loop hole because Timothy create good bills.

2 Likes

No I don’t, me and timothy are friends now. I’m just saying that there might be one.

1 Like

Let me know if you find a loop hole. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You could read the bill

3 Likes

The bill mentioned needs a lot of revamping. Presently, it is very easily exploitable. The idea is good; the execution, as it stands, is not.

SPT Skye Jones
princess skye!!#9640

2 Likes

all this bill was made to do was to give people a second chance since there is no possible way that convicted felons (who may have shown extreme measures of improvement) can obtain an expungement.

what i don’t think you realize is during my time in firestone i have influenced mass amounts of legislation, decisions made by previous administrations, and much more.

my intention was never to allow people who have been convicted of the most despicable crimes allowed into the program, it literally says that on the bill. however, there are some people out there who have put in a pretty substantial amount of work towards this group and it continuously goes unnoticed.

going off of what danny said, yes, it is hilarious to say that you’re somebody too despite having continuous convictions of murder and other bad crimes… but committing an offense almost five-six months ago while showing improvement that can easily be looked upon by the government is something completely different.

maybe sometimes it helps to not go so much by the book, but by the heart.

2 Likes

How about I ban you for doing the smallest offense? sound good?

Oh wait, I already did that

2 Likes

excuse me whAt

1 Like

Thank you very much. I aim to please. This bill would not be possible without Mr. TimothyConyers, however. I appreciate his input and involvement as a citizen of Firestone.

3 Likes

Since this apparently seems to be a huge discrepancy, let me clear something up…

Convictions can be expunged in a court of law. I am citing from An Act to Establish General Rules of Procedure in State Courts.

“RULE 15 - Expungement Petition Recognized
a) A person may petition for a court of original jurisdiction to seal from the public record the
conviction, arrest, or citation of the petitioner…”

This very clearly states that convictions can be expunged, regardless of whether they are misdemeanors or felonies.

2 Likes

I clearly remember @DannyboyJurist and @1superchris2 saying that a convicted felon cannot expunge their record. The only way to get it removed was a pardon, according to them.

Also, why did @TimothyConyers get his expungement denied then? It wasn’t because he didn’t have good reasons but because felons can’t expunge…

I don’t see a issue anyways, now there’s set some requirements before expungement. Isn’t that just a win win situation?

2 Likes

I’ve been told by I don’t know how many judges that felony convictions cannot be expunged. After speaking with the Attorney General last night, I was told the complete opposite.

So, I’m not really sure who to believe… after all it has been about six months since I committed the act that ultimately led to my conviction and yet other people with far worse convictions are obtaining expungements out of the blue.

I question the responsibility pertaining to the obligation that both courts hold towards the book of law.

3 Likes

Aaand it was retired. No rights for us I guess…

1 Like

“Felony convictions cannot be expunged”

WTF. @DannyboyJurist @1superchris2 Can I get links to anything saying that felony convictions cannot be expunged?

Just curious here, “original jurisdiction”. Wouldn’t this mean the Judge might have bias against the petitioner?

1 Like

Shut Up, Clock in and Load up

1 Like