Why felons (like me) are treated unfairly in Firestone

I’ll go ahead and explain my situation…

About five months ago while serving in the Senate, I ran over a fellow senator in my own vehicle while he was live streaming, and thus got a warrant placed for my arrest under the charges of vehicular assault and attempted murder. Because I was never arrested, the warrant expired, and weeks later my Roblox account, Discord account, Gmail, and other services that I used ended up being hacked. To add even more destruction to this situation, whoever was on my account at the time spammed multiple people and discord servers stating that I was quitting for good. This wasn’t true, and whenever I finally did get my belongings back I found out that the judge dismissed everything without prejudice because quote, I was leaving Roblox. After talking with the judge about the situation, we brought the case to trial and after giving a long opening statement late on a school night, (which could potentially be a contributing factor to the preceding of the trial) the prosecution motioned to direct verdict and there I was, found guilty on both charges. After appealing to the Supreme Court, the writ was struck down and there I was, all alone as a branded man.

The problem with this case is that no matter how I try to appeal, via record expungement, or simply talking to a judge, the case was not properly logged and therefor, the charges never ended up on my record. With my last attempt to solve this matter, I created a petition for a pardoning directed to Butsworth, with over two-hundred signatures from both supporters and close friends who believe in second chances. The result from this being that I was not only forced to resign but forced out of the Department of State, the ability to operate a business, and most of all, the community itself. I honestly feel as if I am all alone and am being kept away from this community, all because of two charges I obtained several months ago. There are individuals in congress, in the Executive Branch who have received record expungements and can continue to do what they love to do. I on the other hand after doing quite a lot for the Department of State, and trying to provide an experience that cannot be replicated within the state legislature cannot even own and operate something as simple as a business. So lastly, I respect the policies instituted by the Department of Commerce and previous administrations but I mean, come on… it really shouldn’t be this way, especially after being kept away for over five months.

4 Likes

Felons are treated unequally, but for a good reason. You do something wrong = you are treated worse than good people. Even if you are convicted, in your opinion falsely, the judicial system here is actually pretty fantastic. If you have a record, you can expunge it. In your situation, you still had a chance and still have one now.

I was convicted of conspiracy when I was taken hostage, but after 4 months of patience and hard work, 2 expungement attempts, an appeal attempt, then another expungement attempt, I finally got the case overruled. You should stop playing the victim card because it’s happened to me and I’m not off complaining on the forums. I worked through it. Now I own a 35 member business with over 20 employees and a FS dev building our store/products.

5 Likes

wow man definitely didn’t just try to expunge a few weeks ago and literally got told there isn’t anything i can do about it

5 Likes

Did you actually send an appeal in through the courts submission center, or were you just DM’ing judges? I went through all the court boards, and I couldn’t seem to find your name on any appeal request.

A solution to not get treated unequally in Firestone as a felon… don’t commit a felony. Don’t even try the pity card of “iT’s JuSt A gAmE.”

2 Likes

residentsleeper

2 Likes

Still not a valid reason to come onto the forums and get attention for being convicted of a crime. This sort of popularity won’t help you one bit. Keep trying even when people say it’s impossible. There will be someone who comes along and helps you through it. But trust me when I say publicly posting your situation isn’t what you want.

4 Likes

Definitely, and plus, most people forgot what you’ve done. You could’ve quietly fought for an expungement and doom, come back to congress, or whatever else you want. I don’t recall you being barred from congress.

2 Likes

with all due respect
don’t run over a senator that later was governor because butsworth and env resigned
because fun fact: it doesn’t go fucking well if you run over someone 8 times
honestly i see what you think, but I don’t think you’d go well running over a dude in the senate 8 times irl

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thoughts on Felon Recovery Program? Kind of related.

2 Likes

Thank you, I missed that. @Ronald_Reagan

2 Likes

Firstly, I’ve already sent in many appeals and even have went as far as going to the Supreme Court over the course of five months and nothing seems to be getting resolved. I filed for an expungement a few weeks ago and the expungement was struck down because you apparently can’t expunge a conviction.

2 Likes

With all due respect, if you committed a felony and have been trying to get it expunged for over five months, you would be complaining just as much as I am. Just because I obtain a felony doesn’t mean that I should be thrown out of the community over Executive Branch policy.

2 Likes

I’ve been quietly fighting for an expungement for over five months and nothing seems to be working.

2 Likes

You only have one arrest and one citation on your record, why can’t they “expunge” that arrest? (Not a nod at you, at the courts)

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I made this clearer, the two charges I was convicted with never actually went onto my record, however mysteriously I’m a convicted felon.

2 Likes

well I’ve heard that the courts are having trouble with adding records
also, you can’t expunge the felony’s you got, you got convicted by court so you have to appeal to court it’s the only way.

2 Likes

I don’t have a issue with the judicial system, I’m not playing the victim card, and stop trying to lecture me on how if I actually fought for an expungement then I wouldn’t have to complain on the forums, because it’s something I’ve been fighting for close to six months now.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here.

2 Likes

so ik this sounds stupid
but if you got convicted in court, you can only appeal or get pardoned

2 Likes