What on Earth Is Going On in The House of Commons?

to people saying “this is drama” you are wrong… this is politics

5 Likes

daunt for governor! wooo!!!

6 Likes

as much as we still may disagree you’d at least have the competence to run the office

6 Likes

shark is chill wdym? Also if they resign then lee is governor and I thought you guys don’t want that?

4 Likes

Most of drake’s recent drops are dog

2 Likes

Though I can live with the results of the Speaker of the House election, it is certainly disappointing to hear that I’ve lost, however I congratulate L_3ee on his election to Speaker of the House.

I believe that nearly all of my fellow Representatives including myself can agree that the election schedule was a bit odd with declarations lasting 48 hours, questioning lasting 18 hours, and voting lasting 8 hours. The Governor should’ve allowed Representatives more time for Representative Jackfruitism & other Representatives who hadn’t voted yet to be able to vote in this important election.

The Governor has commonly said in response to not enough time being given for the voting period that “all Representatives were online when voting opened”. Although it is true that some Representatives may have been online and actively chatting, this doesn’t mean all Representatives were available to vote.

The Governor then proceeded to propose a House resolution to vacate the Office of the Speaker of the House in order to “redo” the election. On a few different occasions, when the Governor was approached about the situation after the election, the Governor proceeded to call the situation “unfortunate” or told the Representatives to “cry about it”. I believe the Governor could’ve taken a different approach rather not wanting to further explain or try to diffuse the situation.

Instead of having questioning open for 18 hours, the Governor could’ve had it open for 3-6 hours (which it ended up being open for roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes due to the “motion”) and instead used the remaining 12 hours for voting which would’ve allowed all Representatives to partake in this election. With that, I leave you with 2 questions: Was this really a democratic election? What should happen next?

12 Likes

Alright, since this is getting heated lets all drink some diet spryte

3 Likes

I don’t think we disagree anymore tbh. We talked about this friend.

4 Likes

i love u friend

4 Likes

hello fellow empathetic badge holder

2 Likes

preach, my man!

2 Likes

Normal day in Firestone Politics

2 Likes

Average election in Ohio.

5 Likes

PREACH