What is this community anymore?

this is what I actually feel like majority of the time from the community members itself such aseither saying “no criminals allowed” to events such as Custume events which have cash rewards

4 Likes

Probably, I just needed to say something. And if mods take this down because they don’t want to see someone speak their opinion, so be it.

2 Likes

fully support this post, very needed

3 Likes

all lives don’t matter until criminal lives matter

4 Likes

Sorry my brother, that is one mega F

I can proudly say I’m one of the most liked criminals in Firestone, but that is because I keep everything to myself and only a @Cuxle @b0org @scriblelz @crayxtro @Conxtro @Actvl and a few others are the only ones that has seen me explode, mainly b0org (sorry borg) I always feared that if I let my opinion or anything like that out I’ll be hated by the community and pushed into a corner and when people find 1 moment to get me banned they’ll try to get me banned. I have witness this happening as well. @SerZhukov I do have to say, you have inspired me to be more open, you don’t care how you’re seen you call out bullshit when you see it.

I’m actually here because I like the community as well.

I can agree with this and I think uniformed cops can agree with this as well. (but some tactical units do rp)

8 Likes

(screenshot of what i’ve said in other threads)

I agree with a lot of points in this game. V2 is a toxic shitshow. I agree, which is why I’ve been staying away from even touching the game. However, V2 is gone. We’re trying to steam ahead in V3, and that’s the full point of why V2 doesn’t see as many updates other than fixing major bugs and such (similar to how DICE dropped Battlefield V and Battlefront 2, we are no longer prioritizing old content when we’re working on new stuff)

What you’re feeling right now, this ever-encompassing sinkhole that drags you down everyday, is disappointment, and I agree. Toxicity is growing and it’s out of our hands. Since we reached around 70k members, the community has gone downhill, and there hasn’t been much progress trying to fix it.

This community was built on the core roleplaying factor. There is a blatant lack of gameplay that arises when it comes to V2, and I’m sure we’re planning to fix that. It just takes time.

I know the feeling of being helpless, having such a big problem going unnoticed, but I can assure you that the development team is aware. We speak about it nearly every time we gather to develop. The current situation in V2 is noticable, and we are looking forwards for V3 to work out so that we can improve the community overall.

It sucks, but you have to hold on.

my words dont represent the entire dev team, just my point of view. don’t use my words as a representation of the entire dev team’s opinion.

5 Likes

Database has been broken for weeks now and nothing done to fix it.

2 Likes

I just want to make it clear that I wasn’t trying to state anything bad about V3. Again you’re focusing on V3 which is completely fine. The things I talked about on the post on the development aspect we’re more so on the unbalanced V2 we all know.

I wasn’t trying to direct this post towards development but more so the community and the players.
Thanks for your input however, and I can completely understand where you are coming from.

3 Likes

honestly, saying “don’t frp” isn’t going to stop frp. The issue could’ve been solved years ago

If flipping feature was removed then no more of that issue

-1 frp down

Batoning a moving car issue? If the car was solid like they’re in mayflower no more of that issue

-1 more frp down

4 Likes

I see fedora in the vc a lot hosting development streams, just because you dont see him spam tagging everyone in general announcements as much doesnt mean that he does nothing

3 Likes

1h till its removed, i feel you man. I’m going to go to eb.

2 Likes

I do find this statement quite unfair for myself and I can only assume, a lot of others. However, I’m speaking on my behalf here as I don’t often see how other tactical units handle hostage situations. But whenever I arrive on scene, I genuinely try to RP negotiations and stuff like that. However, it is actually often cut short because 90% of the time the gunman/bank robber just runs out of the bank and drives to storage to dump his money. So please try to also look at bank robbery hostage situations from another perspective. Don’t try and shine every tactical unit in a bad light and say that they all instantly gas the bank, rush in and kill all the hostages and the gunman.

However, the rest of your post I completely agree with; you made some solid points about the shithole this community has been moulded into by a lot of toxic people.

3 Likes

I agree. I literally negotiated a hostage situation yesterday but this post made me feel thrown into a category simply because I’m a “tactical unit” and accused of ruining the fun. FYI, @Zytholax, the hostage taker and “hostages” ran out in the midst of me attempting to roleplay with them and be fair.

I try to be so fair and roleplay with criminals wherever I can, yet all I ever see is the generalisation of “tactical units” as those who ignore roleplay and laser down suspects with automatic guns.

We aren’t all like that. Stop generalising us all. Just because a few spoil it for the rest doesn’t mean that we’re all like those few.

(just to be clear, i’m being general about all the posts i’ve seen regarding tactical units, not just yours @Zytholax)

2 Likes
  1. i think the problem with the tactical units are that there are a few toxic and bad people, a few bad incident that make us generalize all of them
  2. i don’t think this is community wide, at DOC we’re known as a family and we get along and have fun pretty well, the times when we do argue it’s just for a few hours, and the next day everything is fine. the criminals that give us action are pretty nice tbh (sometimes annoying though), there only are a few toxic ones.
2 Likes

Unfortunately, we can’t just terminate anyone we like on the basis we know they’re toxic. Usually, employers are quite aware of an employee being toxic or they have a hunch, but employment laws are quite restrictive. It’s not possible to do anything about people you know are toxic, because you need proof and it has to be sufficient for a termination. If you just start handing out terminations, you’ll end up with a lot of court cases that cost time and that you’ll probably lose.

5 Likes

rostates as a community need to get away from the narrative that criminals are also bad ppl irl. they are a human being too.

6 Likes

preach.

1 Like

screw this game at this point. no roleplay, toxicity, no gameplay, there’s LITERALLY NOTHING. the founders give little to no fucks about the CURRENT situation v2 is in. v2 isnt a “lost cause” you cant just IGNORE whats happening right now and make development for v3. smh. why df are u gonna post stuff about ur irl police job? honestly no one cares and I dont mean that as rude. literally little to no one here cares. this is roblox. stop worrying about DPW car washes and job fairs too, god screw me you’re worrying about changing logos when you’re game is almost broken. literally I dont get it if the founders just paid attention to the problem AT HAND things would change drastically

6 Likes

I don’t think anything can be done ngl, env said that he doesn’t have motivation and he’s 20 and he’s from a strict family. I can’t blame him if he doesn’t feel motivated

4 Likes

Then do it.

3 Likes