What is the point of DPS investigation Squad?

As we all know, DPS largely investigates employees of DPS’s subordinate departments(SCSO, FSP, DOC, POST, DOT, DPW, SCFD, and FFA). I don’t see any value in having an external department to complete jobs which departments are very capable of doing themselves.

If you look through the Investigation Squad Trello, you can see a large deal of their work involves:

• False Charges - Which should be dealt with by the courts because they have legal professionals who have spent years going through a legal process, rather than what an Investigator sees.
  • FRP - That is a game moderation issue…
  • Violation of Department Policy - Departments have complaint forums for a reason. They are the ones who wrote the policies and they should be the ones who enforce (Yea that’s opinion but that seems the most sensible).

My issue is that DPS is pretty much a department that is covered elsewhere. When an Investigator finishes their case, they make a recommendation to Command, so anything they find can be used or shot down. DPS Investigators cover everything from A to Z so I honestly wonder what their grounds are and the reasoning behind it. Departments are very much able to handle department policy violations so I don’t see why another department needs to add another, longer, step in the process.

Everyone defaults to DPS where they could have quicker and more reasonable action taken to the offender. I think we have legitimate departments/game-management groups in place to serve a purpose. DPS covers a large amount of ground that realistically would never be touched by a Public Safety department.

Ideally, DPS would cover department/divisional audits and PSD violations. I think it is great to have an external, impartial group of people who specialize in getting information and concluding on what needs to be changed in a division/department. They also should enforce their own policies.

idk, just ideas. i wrote this on mobile in a matter of minutes so if my grammar is shit, mb

6 Likes

No point

3 Likes

I’m quite aware not much will change, but I want to see if others can make a case as to why DPS investigations should be around and if I can follow that.

3 Likes

Because department command can be bias! ! DPS = pro investigator not bias

4 Likes

anyone can be biased. just cuz yer in a investigations department doesn’t mean you lose all bias. If command bias is the case, request an audit.

3 Likes

But… DPS pro not bias that’s how it working

3 Likes

w-

u don’t make much sense

3 Likes

How not making sense,

3 Likes

DPS is meant to be like the non-bias group of individuals who investigate misconduct n stuff yes no maybe !1!1!

4 Likes

I think Command can do that quite well. Another point I made…

Regardless of DPS is biased or not, they are throttled because every punishment goes through department command.

3 Likes

Is what it is DPS = Pro investigations team soo ye

3 Likes

idk about that homie

3 Likes

Why not ??

3 Likes

I mean they r not pro pro because they never got to the crimes I did on duty so they noob at catching ppl in game but still

3 Likes

I’ve stated my case

3 Likes

Ok so rest your case like I rest mine in bed

3 Likes

:neutral_face:

3 Likes

:broom::thermometer::syringe::date::spiral_calendar::link::fountain_pen::lock::closed_lock_with_key::unlock::heart::part_alternation_mark::cyclone::green_circle: :red_square::orange_square::green_square::no_bell::loudspeaker::mute::eye::lips::eye:

3 Likes

@zpilotplane

dps has no point. the only reason it exists is because fed thinks IA would be “BIAS”

like 90% of people including me think IA would be better than dps but no convincing leader fedoramasterb98!

10 Likes

HEIL! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::art::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

3 Likes