What is the point of DPS investigation Squad?

dps is staffed by people who want power. their primary focus is to ruin careers by any means necessary. if you look at the public safety act the true amount of power they have is scary.

they also regulate how much time a person needs to be on team per week in each department and a bunch of other shit they have absolutely no place doing.

i don’t think DPS is necessary at all. if a department needs to be audited the governor can have a team of lawyers/investigators do it, or the FBI can do it.

12 Likes

As much as I don’t like DPS, you are 100% WRONG.
You have never been in DPS correct? Right so I don’t know why you might be speaking for the people inside of the department.

I was in DPS to help fix issues that had come up. I fixed them and moved on. Now even though you don’t like DPS stepping in, it’s sometimes needed. They have the skill and training for it.

Before I left DPS, I made sure it was in great hands. I even gave up my nomination so @t1dtony could get it because I KNEW he had the competence for the job. I wasn’t going to leave until they had a solid leadership, which they have now. Ideals that I put in place are still in effect.

If you had any position in DPS, you would understand why they have the power. It’s something that the people like to have. A direct contact to getting things completed correctly.

I am speaking in terms that DPS is staying which will probably happen. If they weren’t, then I’d say FUCK IT, GET DPS OUT OF HERE. BUT WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEM.

7 Likes

i have been in dps technically, i was a head first aid instructor but that’s pretty much irrelevant to this.

please tell me how DPS is necessary in any way. this is disregarding the fact that fed is going to keep it a thing no matter what. in a firestone without fed, why is dps necessary?

why can departments not regulate their own employees and policies? why can’t we trust investigators who are trained far past the point of DPS investigators to perform audits if necessary?

fyi, i’m speaking from the standpoint of someone who has to deal with dps as a department head, and as someone who’s career was almost ended by DPS.

10 Likes

this argument has gone on forever and the outcome is as always dps stays as a dept

5 Likes

faxxxx

3 Likes

I agree, there is no difference to reporting it to DPS or the department HICOMM except you can get a blacklist from DPS.

3 Likes

I agree, their primary focus is to ruin careers. They’ll find the smallest mistake a employee makes and ruin their career.

3 Likes

I am 100% for abolishing DPS. Most useless department and given an absurd amount of power it doesn’t need. Remove DPS! I would trust ANY other regulatory department in investigations a thousand times more than I trust DPS.

6 Likes

If DPS is removed the Attorney General will be empowered for LEO oversight and y’all don’t want that

6 Likes

The AG does nothing currently

3 Likes

6 Likes

you and ilord are pretty toxic ngl

8 Likes

that is simply incorrect. we dont want to ruin careers

another false statement.

5 Likes

it’s in the name??

5 Likes

The Attorney General does in fact do stuff.

I do not oversee law enforcement agencies like DPS oversees them - it is not my job.

I over see the Department of Justice which prosecute criminals, and provides public defenders. I am also Chairman of the FFC and BLEE.

5 Likes

The AG has literally half the fucking outward executive authority of this state lol. Aside from being the only person (ultimately) who decides what goes to criminal court, he chairs the Firestone Firearms Commission (which greatly impacts citizens, LEOs, and criminals alike), and chairs the BLEE. He also has a few oversight positions like handling misuse of classified information.

5 Likes

Everyone is bias.

Heck the technical definition of history is something to the effect of the accepted view of the past (from people who wrote down what they saw from their point of view [what facts did they leave out, alter, what moral code did they live by that was different from others, etc.]).

So really you can try to reduce bias but you can never completely remove it.

4 Likes

POST already grants the AG the ability to revoke/suspend POST certifications so they practically run the LEO community as it is

/shrug

P.S. concur with what you say

3 Likes

If you work out a deal with POST which previous AGs have done. I personally have not.

4 Likes

I was just added to the board and I asked why and was told why. I didn’t work out any deal - it just fell into my lap.

4 Likes