What can Congress do to Help businesses?

There have been many requests-calls rather-for Congress to take action to support businesses. I have been brainstorming for quite a while now but ultimately cannot think of any way I personally, or Congress can do to Support business.

My intention is to make this a thread where anyone with ideas or suggestions related to this can post their suggestions to and have people listen/reply/discuss etc.

I am hopeful that we are able to find a solution that businesses want and need to solve problems such as being constantly attacked and anything else that have been brought up by the great and proud business owners of this State.

I-and I’m sure I’m not the only one-pledge to do my very best to think of and write legislation that can support businesses and I’m trying my best and I hope to speak on behalf of any other Congressmembers who support the great businesses of this State.

Your House Representative,
B_aconxv

2 Likes

Thank you, Representative b_aconxv for taking accountability.

1 Like

“support businesses” is just a vague goal people put in campaigns because it sounds good, it’s so vague that you could pass like anything off as “supporting businesses”

5 Likes

Congress members can reach out to business owners like they promise, see if they need anything. Also, congress could pass bills to help business owners. (idk what but)

1 Like

( just answering waht u can do

1 Like

yea, im gonna still try my best to find anything I can do as I dm’d business owners who think that we should reach out more and listen

2 Likes

You can support businesses by doing nothing… Commerce already handles businesses and doesn’t need more government intervention.

6 Likes

politicans need to stop saying they will then

2 Likes

(made this post because business owners kept asking us to do something when there isnt much i could think of)

1 Like

If they’re asking you to do things then I don’t see why they’d post it on another public forum. basically repeating themself again which no one likes to do

4 Likes

the old one was asking congress to do something but didnt specify what we can do which is why i made this also to explain my pov

1 Like

Can you give some examples of what business owners want? I personally think everything is fine as it is and anymore intervention might screw stuff up

2 Likes

thats the purpose of this post

2 Likes

It starts by stop lying and actually doing something.

So far we only talk about businesses & companies yet what about employees? We need a sort of OSHA, wages, unemployment benefits, reemployment services, improving working conditions, and investigating companies that treat it’s employees unfairly and have it’s safety in risk. I guess what I’m trying to say is we need a commission, an Administration to help employees both private, public, and government jobs. A Department of Labor would be cool or at least a division under Commerce.

Yes it would need fed approval so tag fed about it.

3 Likes

mhm amen, polticians need to stop lying

1 Like

:clown_face:

cgf would be shut down

3 Likes

they wouldn’t be politicians if they didn’t lie

5 Likes

ok buddy

1 Like

yes

1 Like

I think businesses are fine the way they are at the moment. As a business owner within the glorious city of Arborfield, I believe my AMAZING Mayor and Representative B_aconxv does a great job by helping me with the things I need, such as encouraging other residents of Arborfield to come to my shifts. If more local government officials did this, then that would be great for businesses. I think the only thing congress could do is stop creating idiotic legislation such as the open carry amendment which would cause even more crime for businesses.

4 Likes