Was removing snow in V2 a good idea?

Here is my reasoning for why I think snow needs to stay, coming from the associate secretary of the department that benefitted the most out of snow being implemented, as subsequently will suffer the most from it’s removal.

• Firstly, the last round of applicants, literally all of them have joined our department only to complete their training and have the only thing they joined for removed days later. This will cause mass resignations from our department.
  • Another thing, I never actually saw anyone complain about the lag from snow at all, v2 was laggy anyway.

It makes no sense to take away the only functionality/purpose of an already severely deprived department.

This poll was made with the intention of everyone having their say, do be honest, even if you disagree with me.

How do you guys feel about this?

• Snow SHOULD have been removed from V2.
  • Snow SHOULDN’T have been removed from V2.

0 voters

7 Likes

honestly, the snow looked like complete shit. it didn’t even look like snow, just looks like a white BLOCK. come on, could of done a better job. that’s why I didn’t enjoy the snow update

7 Likes

I feel they could have made the script better instead of outright removing it.

7 Likes

not just the script. the whole re design of the snow. like come on, aigo did a better job then us.

5 Likes

It gave me motivation to become active, just because its a white block doesn’t mean that there’s not something to enjoy about it, it made me feel useful

6 Likes

Snow should’ve stayed. DPW right now only uses a sweeper and getting a WM cert gets annoying because you have to wait like 1 month sometimes to get a WM Cert. the snow actually brought some fun to the department. I got more active on firestone because of this update. maybe they could’ve rescripted a bit but not remove it completely.

5 Likes

Jesus, he didn’t remove it to kill DPW the game literally got buggy and laggy after the snow update

8 Likes

gonna say this before @Kat4Katrina closes this but: I liked the snow

6 Likes

I feel like the snow should just be re-scripted. It needs to thaw after a certain amount of time.

6 Likes

TBH, the could have done something like they have with the fire and outage scripts where the snow would only be collide able if there were a certain amount of dot/dpw on

5 Likes

never mind you didn’t close it

4 Likes

If Im being honest the snow caused too much lag. For the people stating that v2 was already laggy, snow resulted in a lot of frame drops for me. It makes the resources I have ineffective if Im unable to hit my shots to eliminate criminals when appropriate to do so. Yes, the snow may have been a reason for people to get active but employees should be active regardless of the snow.

5 Likes

why can we pick both options in the poll

4 Likes

Poll was removed as I messed it up, here is a new one:

Should snow have been removed
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

even a macbook air didnt lag with the snow addition

5 Likes

I think it should’ve stayed. But look more realistic.

8 Likes

Since the devs have removed snow, could they just remove the plows from the front of the trucks and give us the plowless trucks, they are already there, so why cant we keep them

7 Likes

I’m not sure if the snow caused any actual performance issues in-game, I couldn’t find any. But I must say the appearance of the snow was pretty off-putting. Other than the aesthetics, I think the snow finally gave something to DPW other than going around sweeping invisible grime off the roads. A possible fix to the two issues proposed by Env (Lacking DOT/DPW and ‘lag’) is to script it similar to outages, whereas there have to be at least let’s say 1 DOT and 1 DPW in-game for snow to build up. Other than that, I thought the timing of the snow was more than okay and made driving somewhat difficult for criminals and LEOs alike.

7 Likes

Yes, the snow did cause lag issues and bugs in some areas, I speak from personal experiences in the county. However, it was nice for us to have something else to do as Public Works employees rather than just roleplaying sweeping and collecting dumpsters. Maybe it would’ve been better to reduce the amount of snowfall to see if that helped reduce the amount of lag rather than outright removing it entirely.

4 Likes

pre-snow update performance - 80-90fps on max graphics anywhere in the county

post-snow update performance - unsteady 30-50fps on max graphics, extremely noticeable performance drops (15-25frames at times) in heavily snowed areas.

it wasnt removed because they wanted to kill dpw/dot, it was removed because it caused massive performance issues

specs:
ryzen 3700x @ 4.1ghz
5700xt nitro+ base clocked
16gb ram @ 2777mhz
fps unlocker

3 Likes