Was removing snow in V2 a good idea?

pre-snow update performance - 30 FPS in Redwood and 40-50 FPS elsewhere on max graphics

post-snow update performance - 30 FPS in Redwood and 40-50 FPS elsewhere on max graphics, no noticeable performance drops

Your performance issues could be caused by something else other than the snow. Although that’s ironic for me to say as v2 performs awfully with a better setup as you

I think we can all conclude that v2 performance is pretty weird. I cant tell if the snow has any impact on this.

8 Likes

removal was stupid, no christmas spirit at all!

4 Likes

You know,

This was a very beneficial update initially, as it increased significantly of value of the the Department of Public Works & Transportation, but unfortunately, after examining the post comments, it initiated lag overall, for most players. Which, I believe Game Performance has much more of importance rather than a department, to be candid and logical here, and I believe the removal of the snow, as fundamentally, a ‘good idea’.

Yours truly,
His Excellency,
Honorable Forum Member MarcellJ_RBLX

4 Likes

Your not an honorable forum member, and if you haven’t been in the game to experience this, then don’t make a judgement

4 Likes

though it was fun for some, it was overwhelming consnatly getting pings such as plownneeded s1. A fully covered server takes about 2 hours to clear. I think if it could melt on its own and slow down the spread then sure. there’s nothing wrong with just rp

4 Likes

yes just RP is boring

3 Likes

bro what

4 Likes

I’m sorry, you have to certify to use trucks???

3 Likes

I can’t remember if anyone suggested this above but, we could’ve just used the same Fire system SCFD uses. If there are a collective 3 personnel from DPW + DOT online, snow spawns. If it dips below it, snow thaws out or just entirely gets removed. Whilst on top of this, if the snow has been in the area for 7 minutes and gotten to max height, remove the snow + a radius around it.

It would keep it, remove issues regarding some performance impacts, and requires personnel online to be able to deal with it as soon as it starts to snow on the road. The development team can do this, and considering they’re seemingly taking a larger chunk of time away from V3, they could’ve done this for V2.

5 Likes

Yes, you need the waste management certification to use the front loader garbage truck, else everyone will just use it.

4 Likes

i think it would’ve made more sense if it was like “there has to be at least 2-3 sweepers on for WM to be used”

5 Likes

This. No one wants to join DPW because who would want to sweep roads for no real purpose only to have to wait months until you get a ‘certification’ to drive around a garbage truck?

6 Likes

Finding 2 to 3 sweepers on not as a mass shift is hard.

4 Likes

I think snow should of stayed throughout December and early January. Many people joined DPW and DOT just because of the snow. It is sad that it was removed before they could enjoy it. For those who say it was creating huge lag problems, just know that this was only a seasonal thing and would of been removed within a few months anyways.

5 Likes

there’s no use to the sweepers, so the employee shoupd be able to use whichever they please.

4 Likes

i second

4 Likes

but its rp!1!!!11111! /s

4 Likes

so is waste management!

DPW should remove the “WM certification”, its their ONLY USE and only like 20% of the department can do it

4 Likes

i mean… he said that the game was buggy lately and people been requesting a lot of server shutdowns

3 Likes

no

and now they wont even let me resign because i don’t care anymore

3 Likes