[V3] Parking Boot

I say, in V3 we should have Parking Boots. They can be added to vehicles only by DOT. Now you might ask, why? I’ll tell you, we should add them to V3 to increase roleplay and realism. The boot can be applied to any vehicle that has an insane amount of parking tickets or traffic violations. Now you might say, no point. They will just respawn the car, won’t work. it will stay on the car until the parking tickets are paid off at DOT, or through courts.

Maybe?
  • Yes, this is smart!
  • No, you’re wasting time

0 voters

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t DOT just tow it?

7 Likes

They can after a certain amount tickets. So for example, they have 3 parking tickets, they get the boot. After 5, their car gets towed.

4 Likes

Plus, this could add another DOT division, parking enforcement, so there would be people running around, putting boots on the car. Then when a tow is able to tow the car, they would pull up remove the boot and tow it away.

4 Likes

This is the same thing as impounding their car. I belive that this is not necessary and would require extra work all around.

6 Likes

We don’t even know if car damage will exist. How about no

5 Likes

this wouldn’t work as majority of people won’t have a 2nd car to drive to the dot station to pay the cite.

Also, think about the people that’ll abuse it, including rogues. Goint to every vehicle they see and booting it. wouldn’t work well

6 Likes

Well it’s already been confirmed that impounded cars will be permanently in the DOT lot till they pay it off.

If you don’t have multiple cars omg omg use the train omg omg public transport omg omg

4 Likes

forgot about the train stopping right by dot oops

and about public transport: GIVE DOCM BUSINESSES THE BUS AND TAXIS! DOT already has a lot of services (in V2 too) that they cannot manage! the bus in V2 is only on once every like 3-5 days (at least from what I’ve seen) and giving them to like 1-2 DOCM businesses would have competition between the 2 businesses in activity, making the bus a more reliable method of transportation in V2 (and v3)

DOT would set regulations the same way as DOBW does. (if you’re operating in water, you have to follow their regulations)

5 Likes

Taxis should be left for business imo but the bus is a bit different.

One thing to note is that one of the signs in v3 is ‘COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ONLY’ (not ‘buses only’) which implies that there may be private-business ran bus services. Would be interesting

6 Likes

I agree with this only if tickets are NOT automatically paid for like they are in V2 presently.

I say this because in real life, at least where I am, cars are only booted for unpaid parking violations, not just parking violations in general. What’s booting a car owned by an individual who has paid their fines gonna do? It makes no sense in my opinion, and if that was the case, we would have a shitload of booted cars.

if tickets are NOT automatic however, and you need to go to a station to pay them off, like Mayflower, then I actually support this suggestion. Would be pretty cool RP wise and would give DOT something else to do.

7 Likes

No, it would only be able to be booted if it had for example 3+ tickets.

4 Likes

That was the whole reason I introduced this idea, to give DOT more things todo.

4 Likes

I feel like they can also maybe create a DMV department, or being a division for DOT. To get the boot off.

6 Likes

A DMV would serve no purpose as drivers licenses are not a thing in Firestone. Adding one solely for the point of managing boots would be a waste of time and only add on to the already bloated department-market.

4 Likes

but why…

criminals are always going to have 3+ citations… there’s no point in it…

4 Likes

Im pretty sure they are planning on opeming the DMV in V3 regardless

5 Likes

but im 90% sure the DMV won’t be issuing licenses, as fed himself once said that majority of new players join a game seeking for a car first, if they can’t get a car they’ll end up just leaving
(I’m pretty sure we’re all guilty of that, if we’re not able to get a vehicle within the first few minutes, we usually end up not playing the game)

7 Likes

Well there will be a DMV in v3. It’s 100% not going to issue licenses but they will most likely manage custom license plates. One thing I hope to see with the DMV in v3 is traffic education courses and IF there will be semi-trucks in v3 them being able to provide Commercial Licenses. But if they dont have much to do this kind of thing can be dedicated to them

5 Likes

This would be very hard to manage

4 Likes