V3 Department Set Up

Do note that some of these things are subjected to CHANGE by the Firestone Founder(s) and may not be 100% accurate. This should only be utilized as a general overview of what will be happening upon V3 becoming the main patrol map.

View the callsign setups here.

What is happening to the standing V1 Departments

• The Department of Homeland Security will be abolished in its entirety.

• The DHS: Crisis Response Team will be integrated into the SCSO: Special Weapons and Tactics Division (at the discretion of Fed and or SCSO Command)
    • The DHS: Federal Protective Service and DHS: Secret Service will be integrated into the Firestone State Patrol.
  • The Department of Boating and Waterways will be abolished in its entirety and will be integrated into the Firestone Parks Service (V3). View source

• The Department of Aviation will be transferring to the “FAA”, assumingly meaning the “Firestone Aviation Administration”. View source

V3 Department Establishments (subject to change, update or inaccuracy)

• The Firestone Parks Service will be established.
  • The Stapleton County Port Authority will be established.
  • The Redwood, Arborfield, and Prominence Police Departments will be established.

Confirmed LEO Departmental Duties

• The Firestone Bureau of Investigation will be responsible for the state investigative procedures. They’ll also be responsible for “being able to get search warrants, bust[ing] into houses, search[ing] storage, etc.”. View source

• The Firestone State Patrol will be responsible for highway patrol and governmental protection operations. More to know about operations with the Governor will “come at a later time”.
    Source 1
    Source 2

• The Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office will be responsible for the patrol of unincorporated county areas (in addition to city patrol) such as “areas out of the cities, in between cities, which include Greendale and Hillview”. SCSO will also be equipped with the primary county tactical team.
    Source 1
    Source 2

• The Redwood, Arborfield, and Prominence Police Departments will be responsible for patrolling their respective municipalities. Each individual municipal police department will be acquiring its own K9 divisions as well. View source

• The Firestone Department of Corrections will be responsible for the safeguarding of the DOC Island alongside maintaining the prison. They will also be responsible for prisoner transport and submitting a “previously filled out arrest by the arresting officer”. View source

• The Stapleton County Port Authority will be responsible for policing the ports. Not much has been confirmed about this department. View source

• The Firestone Park Service shall be responsible for “enforcing laws specific to parks”. Not much has been confirmed about this department. View source

The Firestone Park Service, Stapleton County Port Authority, and the Department of Corrections will be designated as secondary departments. All other law enforcement agencies will be primary departments. View source

Departmental Member Limits

If there is any inaccurate or new information, let me know!

5 Likes

So where’s FDOA?

3 Likes

Researching that now, give me a moment.

1 Like

Don’t know why city government is in charge of picking chiefs for city police. I honestly think the state should set it up first and then hand the power to city governments.

1 Like

State has no interest or jurisdiction in choosing a police chief for a city. Every place IRL either has a Police and Fire Commission or city board that works with the mayor to choose a chief.

1 Like

Same reason as to why the county government is in charge of picking the Sheriff of the County.

1 Like

Coast Guard will also be getting a search and rescue focused aviation unit

1 Like

Both these are true and I understand. However, I personally don’t think all the current Mayors for the cities are capable of picking and setting up a police department. Henceforth why, I think the state who has quite a few amount of qualified people set up everything and then hand it down to the city governments. That’s just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Good thing that is not the responsibility of only the Mayor to set it up. For instance, I’ve proposed a Police Department Act to the Redwood City Council. This act outlines nearly everything that should apply while police departments are dormant. Furthermore, police departments will not be the hugest. They have limited ranks and are capped at 100 members. You should have a bit more faith in the municipal Mayors and their respective Councils before automatically assuming they’re incapable of what they do (granted they may have been in the past).

1 Like

I have 0 faith in them (besides a few) and I’m sure there are other people here who also think they are not capable of doing it.

2 Likes

No offense to these 2 individuals but if they take it personally I do not mind.

Look at Arborfield City Government. The Mayor is Baconman1499 and Bearzno, I don’t think these both have any experience or qualification to step up a proper police department. Infact, I don’t even think these both have been cops or in fact have a POST certificate.

Redwood City, I have somewhat faith. Hippo is qualified imo but Alderman KAREEM2610, Alderman frostespresso, Alderman NCISfan5??? I don’t think anyone in Firestone have faith in them. No offense to them tho

I’m not saying the state is filled with perfect people. However, I believe the state has better people compared to cities. Henceforth, I believe the state should set it up and then once everything is running smoothly hand it over to the city.

1 Like

hmmmm

this is a nice forum post, love the sources :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

This is not a matter of incompetent city governments and it’s more of a matter of incompetent people that you vote into office. If you feel the person you are voting into office is not capable of taking on such duties… there is a very simple fix to that. Don’t vote them into office. If you do not care to vote during municipal government elections, do not care when the elected officials make decisions for the government. Otherwise, VOTE.

Furthermore, I will not be commenting on this topic any longer.

2 Likes

No one takes city election serious because cities have been useless for the last 5 years of Firestone. No one knew fed was going to randomly do what he did yesterday. Fed does stuff without telling anyone.

3 Likes

thx for making this, very informative

2 Likes

After watching the Arborfield session for Faach’s confirmation, I am 100% retracting my previous statement and fully agree with you.

3 Likes

Imagine Sheriff was elected lol

1 Like

technically it is if you consider nomination voting as under that category

1 Like

As you are my alt, and that we are no longer living in the SeanCityNavy District of Prominence Mayorial Administration Era, I agree with you. No one currently in the city government besides like, a few, can be trusted to do anything.

2 Likes