[V2] SWAT Bearcat Deployment System

Introduction:
Hello all, today I am coming forward with a development suggestion on behalf of SWAT, this suggestion is following on from some procedural changes Fed wanted implemented into SWAT, clarification on some of these changes will also be made.

Reasoning:
Okay, so firstly, the reason why SWAT would highly benefit from this; Fedora has stated he would like SWAT to be “on-call”, meaning we are on patrol, doing patrol duties, until a priority call like a hostage sit/riot comes in, of which then, providing enough operatives are online, the closest person would go back to station, fetch the bearcat, rendezvous with the rest of the team somewhere, load up and go, gearing up on the way in the bearcat.
Now, this system is all good and well, in fact, most people in SWAT seem to support it due to realism, however, SWAT simply doesn’t have the facility to do this at the moment, due to the fact we have no way of changing into our Operational Deployment Rigs in the bearcat when en-route, meaning we would either just have to keep our patrol uniform on, or everyone would have to team switch back to change their avatar to the operational rigs, both of these options hold back SWAT too much and as a result we can’t use the bearcat/rigs at all for the foreseeable future.

The Suggestion/Solution:
SWAT needs a way of changing into our operational rigs on the fly via the bearcat, meaning we need a way of updating our avatar, and equipping our helmet in the bearcat, the way I would do it is:

• Add a SeatGUI to the bearcat’s seats, allowing us to either update our avatar (meaning we just wear our rigs through the avatar page and update in game without resetting), or a form of menu on the bearcat that brings up the uniforms from SWAT’s group page so we can change them depending if we are doing on/off deployment.

• Make the SWAT helmet like SCFD’s where you get a GUI on your screen to equip/unequip the helmet on the go.

I do hope the founders take some consideration with this suggestion due to the fact SWAT currently cannot do the procedures Fed wants without them, additionally, such scripts can also be considered for other agencies that require uniform changes on the fly (e.g: SAR, CRT, FNG).

83 Likes

Support, if fed wants swat to be more realistic, also provide us with the development support to carry the realism.

14 Likes

Yes very good

9 Likes
11 Likes

yes very very good we need

10 Likes

Support! Change in policy should require action from development to adjust to such drastic changes.

11 Likes

yes very nice

8 Likes

isn’t that a waste of time?

1 person have to spawn the bearcat and drive around the map picking up each operative and then go to the hostage sit

9 Likes

Nbf but it seems this whole situation has been blown out of proportion, but yeah I agree support init

9 Likes

For “realism” purposes some sort of change has to be made as we can’t standby in the bearcat at station. All the units would meet at one location rather than going around picking them all up.

10 Likes

well no, say you’re in rw res and theres a prom bank robbery, 1 person respawns and brings the bearcat while the others drive right to bank, so when the bearcat arrives the ops can change then and there rather than everyone needing to respawn

9 Likes

That works too

8 Likes

fed said that for realism he doesnt mind response times being slightly longer

8 Likes

Ohhh I understand now, so basically have a small closet in the bearcat so you guys can change into your SWAT gear while O/S I understand. Support

9 Likes

Yeah but I would hope that timer for bank would maybe increase a tad bit as well

8 Likes

or longer u stay = more money

8 Likes

Support, this would add even more realism to the game and the way SWAT deploys

8 Likes

If a dev function is being added, which I support this, please just have it in V3…I’m tired of the constant updated to V2 and the lack of such in V3

7 Likes

the reason this suggestion is for V2 is due to the fact fed has changed our operational procedures without us actually having the facility to do it, SWAT was supposed to wait till v3 for this, however fed now wants it in v2

7 Likes

Question, do you think they are going to add an option to page swat as in SCFD? Example: “/Page SWAT (Description”.

5 Likes