V2 Server Size: Change it to 70-80 players

This is my petition to get FS devs to change server size to 70-80 players.

It takes 10 million years (that’s an exaggeration if you didn’t pass English class) to get into a server for maybe 30-45 mins of playtime on average. At least that’s the time for those not in a department.

I get bored and tired of waiting that long to get into a server.

If the server size is bumped to 70-80 players, it helps with wait time AND it helps with the roleplay experience! More players = more fun = more stuff for departments to do.

pls make server size bigger

15 Likes

support

it’s probably not going to impact lag that much
and if it does, it can just be turned back lol – we dont even know if playercount is the cause of lag

9 Likes

Support! I love Firestone, but 60 players is not enough for a good roleplay. I’ve always wanted to see streets packed and departments at work, but it is hard when the servers are smaller than my ass. :sob:

5 Likes

yes yes yes yes yes

6 Likes

We’ve upped the server size previously and the result was not what you expect it to be. The amount of roleplayers generally remain the same, but the server opens up for more Crown Victoria rammers that don’t know fuck all. We generally tend to open up 70~ servers when we have an active event planned where majority, if not all, are coming for the event.

12 Likes

delete crown victorias!

6 Likes

Second solution would be to let Moderators kick those who are just AFK farming

6 Likes

v2 server size as it is right now makes the county super boring and not congested, but really this has more to do with the spreading of players around the map than the server size. Adding spawn points and car dealers around the map and providing a reason for people to be in Prominence or Arborfield would likely increase roleplay more drastically and make better use of the County Map.

12 Likes

If you’re talking about roleplay experience then as Env already said then, it would be the complete opposite. Crown Victoria’s ramming you on a call isn’t the most of fun and it also doesn’t help that ASU wouldn’t be able to take off as there are more scripted to be loaded in and more physics to be simulated which entirely makes it harder to take off.

4 Likes

Support. Don’t know about lag since V2 is giga-heavy already.

4 Likes

Big map doesn’t work with such smaller servers. V2 is enormous, and I can go entire sessions without seeing someone.

4 Likes

ridgeway and mayflower are around the same size as firestone and there are spawns everywhere. most of the people go in small servers to farm

4 Likes

No they are not. We are at 130K or something. They still are under 100K members.

4 Likes

there’s no way you can go an entire session without seeing someone because everyone spawns in the same location

anyways I think its important to either stop adding useless roads and shit and converge on one area in the map or to spread out the population and increase the server player count

8 Likes

V2 takes 2-3 minutes from Arborfield to Prominence. If you’re not seeing anyone for an entire session then you’re either in Arborfield or Hillview since quite a bit of action occurs everywhere else OR your playing early in the morining for the American Population. Also, V3 is way bigger than V2 so that it would probably be possible to never see anyone for half an hour!

4 Likes

Well, I have. Very weird.

4 Likes

Mayflower has about 12K less citizens than Firestone does but either way it still has much more people actively playing the game

4 Likes

No, I’m usually in Prominence, occasionally Redwood.

4 Likes

ATM Robberies are an often occurance up there and if DHS is on then they are sometimes up there.

4 Likes

Well, congrats to them.

4 Likes