[V2] Legal & illegal civilian jobs using the 5th year anniversary quest system!

On April 1st for the 5th anniversary of FS, a quest system was made where you spoke to a civilian at Founder’s Residence to start the quest in order to receive the racing stripes (and other cosmetic features that weren’t implemented).

To start this quest, you spoke to a person at the capitol who gave you clues to find certain items that he required (such as nails). Once you completed everything the quest requested, you would go back to the confused individual at Founder’s Residence to be rewarded with racing stripes & shown a cutscene.

We think that this system should be recycled and used for legal & illegal jobs within V2 (and possibly v3?)

The way we imagine it working would be; you head to a location (specifically a warehouse that could be located in a city like Arborfield to raise activity in the city) where you would enter and speak to the person at the front desk where they would show you a prompt to accept/deny a certain delivery (ex. Transporting ingredients to Original Pizza for $200).

Once you’ve accepted the job offer, you would drive to the back of the warehouse at the garage door and hold a keybind to place the items being delivered into the vehicle. Once this is done, you would head to the delivery location. When you finally arrive at the delivery location, you would go up to the front door & click a “COMPLETE DELIVERY” keybind that would appear (only for the delivery driver) where you would receive a cheque for the completion of the delivery.

In addition to the idea above, there could be two different methods of implementing the new jobs. While the quest system would be really good for map-wide delivery-type work, there are other existing scripts that could serve other purposes to provide better gameplay. The biggest example is the DOC Soup script.

We think that taking the DOC Soup script and repurposing it to work in small restaurants would work extremely well. This would give citizens a job to do where they can make quick cash without having to drive everywhere.

If one of these scripts were to be added, it would be a great way for legals and crims alike to make money in a fairly easy way while doing something other than staying at the bus stop endlessly.

And if by some miracle both of these get added, here is our ideal scenario:
The long-distance (using the quest script) job is given to legals and criminals, with criminals transporting some type of weapon or illegal item (USBs, ATM cards, etc) while the legal variant would have the warehouse (which was mentioned above). This would also give the FBI and LEOs a way to study the trail that people doing the illegal job take, maybe leading to some type of RP there. The short distance (soup script) would be more of a legal job that takes place in some restaurants and gives a certain amount of money per bowl of soup (or whatever other food item would be).

Overall, if these get into V2 would be a really good way to boost activity and just give people something to do inside of the game, especially for people that are new attempting to join the community (as making money is extremely hard). It would also encourage players to leave redwood and go to other cities in order to do the tasks. Even if our exact ideas don’t get added, we hope that this opens up some discussion on potential ways the game can be improved.

suggestion written by cuxle & tararig .

IF YOU SUPPORT THE SUGGESTION, PLEASE LIKE THE POST INSTEAD OF FLOODING BELOW WITH JUST “SUPPORT”.

79 Likes

this is false!

6 Likes

yo, this is actually some next-level thinking. I would deadass love to see this in v2. It’d provide something for legal and/or illegal individuals to do rather than money farming for vehicles or equipment.

9 Likes

Yes. I think this could work, there could be criminals delivery.
Legals could use this: Firestone Postal Service - Roblox
A type of business, but everyone can basically join through like an automatic application which there is still like people in charge of it

6 Likes

A serious problem in V2 is the fact the majority of the civilians are staying around CD because there’s nothing else to do.

Having these jobs will not only allow both civilians and criminals to make money but will also allow LEOs to be more spread out, enforcing the highways & other towns and cities for traffic offenses. Plus I imagine there would be less vehicular assault since civilians won’t be as bored and there would be less targets in one area.

12 Likes

To do the job cooking in restaurants, would you have to apply to said restaurant?

3 Likes

No. It wouldn’t be run by a person with power to reject applications anyways, because we want anyone to be able to use it.

4 Likes

The 5-year quest system was integrated with a player’s data in case they decided to stop midway, so revamping it to do this… basically rescripting.

The soup system was limited to just DOC because there’s actually a couple edge cases that can get glitchy I’d have to spend time to fix before adding it to restaurants.

6 Likes

This doesn’t mean it won’t happen, it just means I’d probably have to build some kind of motivation to do it, on top of my current plate.

11 Likes

How do we make your plate tasty so you will enjoy it more?

8 Likes

newer civilians lack anything to do other then drive around with a poor cv, I think this will help them get more engaged with the game

3 Likes

$5 to ur Venmo for this system lmao

2 Likes

Jk jk… unless

1 Like

i mean if we’re talkin money…

2 Likes

Right everyone let’s start a GoFundMe to get Env some money to motivate him lol

5 Likes

Yes daddy great idea

1 Like

How much cash for u to make this broski

1 Like

I AGREE EVEN THOUGH THIS POST IS JUST SO CUXLE TO GET A BUNCH OF LIKES FOR FREE (cus he is a like whore) I STILL LIKE THIS IDEA!!! CIVS NEED SOMETHING TO DO OTHER THEN SIT AFK AND GET SHOT AT THE BUST STOP!!!

3 Likes

IT HAS HAPPENED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

8 Likes

Implemented with the Postal service