Firestone Money Issues

Firestone at the moment is really going through a boring phase. There is little gun crime and most of the servers have at least 1/5th of the players sitting inside of CD afk, wasting spots in the servers and leading to less activity in the county. Criminals are a vital part of the community, yes they can be toxic and can be hated, but without the criminals, there is nothing for any LEOs to do. Due to the price of weapons and vehicles, it is really hard to see any major criminal activity and it then leads to criminals choosing to either exploit or go legal.

Images of a recent server:

(Creds to Cuxle :slight_smile: ) I won’t post them all but there was 15 people sitting AFK. Is that seriously how Firestone is now?

To put it into perspective, knives cost around 550 dollars. On average a citizen makes 10 dollars every 2 minutes so that is 300 dollars an hour (excluding the fact that when the servers lag, the timer doesn’t work properly and you get paid less). It would take just under 2 hours in V2 just to even get a knife. Then comes to actually using the knife. Knifes aren’t really effective, especially when against an LEO. Chances are you’ll be tap tased and arrested, leading to your 2 hour money spree pointless.

You could instead choose to spend up to 4 hours of your time saving up your money to buy the cheapest weapon a criminal can get which is a CZ-75 for $995. That could, using the element of surprise, kill 1 or maybe 2 people but once done, the chances are you’ll be shot on sight and your weapon will be lost.

ROBBERIES

Instead of sitting around doing fuck all, why not go and get money the illegal way utilising robberies?

ATM robberies in Prominence are normally a safe way to get money assuming that SCSO/FSP are all huddled around Redwood as they normally do for some reason. However, the likelihood of you actually getting a decent amount of money is not worth your time.

Store and Bank Robberies. It is almost impossible to win these robberies unless you have a lot of people willing to ambush or confuse the LEOs on scene. However then goes the issue of, if you do win the bank robbery, now you must give the others their share of the winnings and that just ruins your earnings. LEOs are overpowered in terms of what areas they can block off, clearing out normal ambush areas, preventing getaway drivers from even getting into the corner of the city. I admit I have been apart of the problem and so has FNG with their callouts but now that’s fixed hopefully there will be an improvement.

CONCLUSION

Criminals find it much more easier to spend their life AFKing and doing fuck all instead of doing something which takes a lot of time and people to set up, can be foiled before it even starts and has a extremely low likelihood of success. Honestly I don’t blame the criminals for preferring that option. Theres no safe way of making money apart from AFKing, whereas a simple transport job would fix that. There are so many options from past things such as:

Another way of fixing the problem? Lower the gun prices and weapon prices. Yes there will be more crime but it’s far easier than scripting a simple transportation job.

Criminals, this is more of a problem relating to yourselves, you know more details than I do and I would much appreciate you guys putting what you have to say here with your perspective of things and other ways to imrpove.

Founders and Developers, we know V3 is your priority and we want it as much as you do, however if the activity in V2 does not get fixed, Firestone will start dying out before we even get to that point. Please add a method of getting money legitimately or at least lower the gun prices.

26 Likes

ahahah imagine not being rich L

6 Likes

With this, I’d also like to add that cones being placed in a way to completely block off roads like concrete barriers doesn’t really help this at all with this, although I do understand bank robberies shouldn’t be occurring as often at it is, it’s only benefiting exploiters as they’re the ones only able to successfully rob and there are no jobs for the individuals to do.

7 Likes

hey im in that picture!
frankly, its very hard to make any money in firestone when youre a criminal and dont have the reputation nor commitment to be involved within a paid business. i completely agree with everything you are saying

also you should consider afking, it makes very good money!

2 Likes

I agree, cones should not be abused in this way. I still think cones should be solid otherwise it would turn into the likes of UD. I would recommend cones be able to be destroyed in some way by running them over but at a cost of damaging your vehicle slightly.

Allowing getaway drivers to speed in and collect the robber and at the same time reducing trolls as their vehicle would be destroyed.

8 Likes

It’s not even a issue for criminal. There should be away for criminals and legals to do jobs in game and make a income.

6 Likes

I’ve always supported simple cash jobs. I.e transporting x to y, being a cashier at a non-player business, etc. everyone benefits from this. Need a little cash and don’t want to wait? Transport some cargo to fergies or whatever. That could also give more value to vehicles like the trucks, as they would have more carrying capacity then, say, a CV.

12 Likes

personally i believe the rule to not enter an active bank rob to get removed, sure there would be more frpers, but we would have a lot more robberies and the game would become more fun for criminals

3 Likes

I agree, it gives a reason for a variation of vehicles to arise instead of the awfully common charger and soon to be challenger.

This also gives a reason to utilise a lot more parts of the map instead of all civilians being crowded into Redwood. Maybe Redwood would be less busy if people were doing these transport jobs?

8 Likes

Please

5 Likes

The way fed wants us to set up robbery scenes with blocking off EVERYTHING… is kinda absurd and extremely unfair for the criminal. Criminals nearly almost NEVER get away unless they are robbing Prom bank. The only reason they can get away at Prom bank is that cops need to come all the way from Redwood.

5 Likes

To make matters even worse, we are only talking about cash which in my opinion only takes into account 1/2 the issue. Beyond cash, let’s not even start with how challenging it is to actually purchase a firearm…I return to this game to find ‘skull island’ which to my disappointment only serves as one of the many possible spawns paws can spawn at. I’ve spent about 30/40 minutes looking to buy a gun alone and we are fully ackowledging the fact that we will inevitably be killed very quickly.

I don’t know about yall but

not about to save up for 4 hours then spend 30 minutes looking for a gun just to finally get one and MAYBE have fun with it for roughly 20 or so minutes. I am sorry but this game is kinda ridiculous in this aspect Please for the love of god find a way to make paws easier to access too but I still love it regardless hey that’s why I am here and there, low-key still waiting for v3 <3 good post hobo

5 Likes

If anyone would like to get a job in transportation making money, I own a delivery company registered with commerce and I pay per delivery. Feel free to message me on Discord or in PMs here if interested.

2 Likes

So, to start off; I’m a goodie two-shoes who’s never gone into crime within Firestone, so I can’t comment about prices, accessibility or all that jazz. I have a cushy legal job with enough pay to see me trough the few times I go and be a civi once in a while. My main experience is as a developer for a game similar to Stapleton.

Money in games is a very delicate thing. If done wrong, especially in games of this genre, it can mean gameflow breaking problems like the one(s) we talk about here.

• If you make getting money too easy; crime will be rampant and your cops will get demotivated by the constant major crimes and slowly lose intrest thus alienating that whole side of your community. No police means more crime, and you’ll be stuck in a downward spiral.

• If you make getting money too hard; You’ll end up with a police-force that is (compared to the criminals who have to buy/gain their kit trough hard work rather than having it supplied) so overpowered that the criminals will lose intrest. Same as with the police, they’ll lose intrest and you end up alienating that side of the community. No crime means nothing to do for the police and you find yourself stuck in yet another downward spiral.

Our game did have those free-to-join jobs, and for a while that worked fine. But we have to understand that the majority of the people on this platform have the attention span of a goldfish with dementia. People would do the basic fetch-quests for a few days, buy the vehicle they really wanted and have some cash to spare for some illegal weapons. They’d then do some crime, get caught (or killed) and that’d basically be it. Some would stick around, do it again, but it wasn’t very common.

The best way we found to just bypass the whole problem with crime and money was to cut out the middle-man and have criminals get their weapons and tools directly. Instead of having to buy an expensive rifle from a dealer, they’d have to infiltrate the local barracks and steal it from them. High risk, high reward. With these newly obtained tools, the criminals would then go to do bigger crimes, which in time gave them access to more money. And the ball is rolling…

Obviously we’d make some game limitations that said there needed to be x amount of guards online to make the system work. In my experience this system seemed to work way better (as long as the group you have guard the thing(s) to get is active enough) and made crime way more lucrative.

TL:DR; Give criminals a way to directly gain tools that level the playing field with the feds without the need for money.

(P.S; Yeah, more legal stuff for civi’s to do is also a must. Fishing, delivering mail, etc. I just focussed on criminals for this.)

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, it’s just not worth your time at that point… Even allowing 2-3 paws to spawn at once would increase the likelihood of finding at least one of them and it might be more enjoyable. I have heard people in the past saying that random deathmatch shouldn’t be a thing but even if you had a reason to kill someone, by the time you find your gun, they’ll be gone.

4 Likes

Would be interesting if developer support comes to that more than just vehicles. Your company would be a great starting point for the transport system we all want. I just wish there was a public one which anyone can do regardless of DOCM. All the best with the company.

4 Likes

Brilliant idea and insight. If they do make weapons cheaper, they should definitely be cautious on making them too cheap.

For example if they make weapons cheaper then at a later date add a proper delivery system, then weapon prices should be reverted otherwise it could quadruple the crime rate.

5 Likes

robberies are hard since LEO can block cars in and I agree that gun prices are way to high

3 Likes

V3 will be out soon enough and we will have a whole new game dynamic.

7 Likes

I left FS back in May for multiple reasons but one of those reasons being the game got so fucking boring and the community got so dry from the lack of content, it was almost painful to even look at.

5 months later and holy shit it’s the exact same, sure the $/2min has gone up by 2$ for Civilians and there has been new things added but…theres just nothing to do, and on top of that, shit’s expensive as fuck!

I never thought I’d say this but I genuinely miss being run over by SRTs and being shot at outside of CD every 3 seconds.

6 Likes