[V2] Ambulance Doors

Currently, in V2, all 4 points of entry to the ambulances are non-collision allowing people to walk into them (points of entry being the driver and passenger doors, the main back doors and the side door). This, however, can cause some issues. It can get a bit boring to be sat in quarters/station waiting for a call so sometimes we will take the ambulances to go sit somewhere, most commonly cd and when we do, people seem to love the idea of walking into the rig and messing about. Also, it happens when we’re on scenes parked up, people will randomly walk into them and sometimes we don’t even notice until we eventually go into 1st person and see them.
Yes, we can OC and SCFD are on the interfering law (DOH isn’t) so LEO can legally remove them but it’d be nice to avoid the whole situation as a whole and add the doors to the locking system instead of just the seats to avoid people walking into them.

tl;dr - make doors on ambulances collision to stop people from walking into them and messing around.

Should ambulance doors have collisions and be added to the door locking system?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

8 Likes

By the way, I’m making this suggestion and poll because I have literally just had 4/5 people messing around in BLS-1 and all I could do is OC and LEO couldn’t do anything since DOH isn’t on the interfering law and it’s a thing that happens constantly when I’m on shift and I notice it when I’m off shift.

5 Likes

This is literally grand theft auto but go off :sparkles:

6 Likes

sure, but would making a part be colliding and uncolliding break something on the ambo? i’m no dev though

3 Likes

It should be possible, the doors on vehicles in V3 all have collisions on.

4 Likes

Let us recognize, however, that this is grand theft auto and is already illegal! :rainbow::rainbow:

3 Likes

Walking into an ambulance is GTA? I thought they’d have to actually get inside the drivers seat and attempt to drive off?

3 Likes

image Now I don’t know if this ONLY applies to getting in the vehicle through the handle, but chances are you could get away w/ an officer arresting someone on these grounds because the scum doing this probably have no clue how to DPS someone or file a lawsuit.

4 Likes

Ah, I see. The only time a passenger needs to click to sit in the back of the rig is to sit on the seats but they’re apart of the locking system so the driver can control who can sit in the back, but, people are able to enter the rig even with the seats locked.

4 Likes

Legally OC can not be used unless you (or someone else) in a threat to the life of you or someone else…

(by that I mean trying to stab someone… or shoot em)…

so if they get in and refuse to get out I’d just call law enforcement instead of spraying them… it does suck… so I would encourage talking to congress to get it fixed…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t try your handle at that… I’d just use the interference statute and FTC…

4 Likes

OC is less thank lethal, and therefore isn’t subject to the UCFA’s defense provisions. As far as I know, OC is free game if any lesser force is justified

4 Likes

Some issued OC tools are lethal

4 Likes

no, if you were to move something or delete something, it will mess up the weld, i dont think can collide does tho

5 Likes

well idk what world you are from but we are taught in dpw to oc obstructors

5 Likes

Nope, there’s an OC law detailing the usage for only self-defense. However, it’s possible that it isn’t currently in effect. Congress, get to work!

4 Likes

We got taught in FFA that we can OC people if they are refusing to leave the ambulance or are refusing to get down from the roof or hood.

4 Likes

Seems alright

4 Likes

Due to this being one of the only critical dev suggestions, SUPPORT!

4 Likes

Yea thats not accurate.

3 Likes