[V2] Ambulance Doors

What you were taught is not accurate.

4 Likes

isn’t that literally what it’s for tho? people obstructing?

4 Likes

No. You only use it for self defense.

4 Likes

Alight here are the laws dealing with pepper spray for DOT/DPW…

1. “Section 2: The Department of Transportation employees shall only be obligated to use their
    pepper spray when they’re being attacked by an individual…”
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1NhIjGrp9rF0Fd9R8AmQa3LAf2IZZBD/view

2. “Section 2: The Department of Public Works employees shall only be obligated to use their
    pepper spray when they’re being attacked by someone…”
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XdBKPnK4_etI9bVVtU09wCY1K-ej4waE/view

Both are currently in effect.
@AplayerStolMyALT @Sid_552 @thekerbal @YouFoundBluee

3 Likes

literally every non-leo department teaches you to use OC against obstructors

5 Likes

I was taught the same in FFA, DPW, DOT, and SCFD.

4 Likes

I will respond to this for the people not in the Firestone Emergency Services Discord, last time I checked DOH and SCFD aren’t DOT nor DPW so those laws don’t apply.

4 Likes

Yes, we’re allowed to use it for obstructors if they’re inside or atop but not in front or behind blocking.

4 Likes

Alright use it against obstructors at your own legal risk man…
if you get charged for doing so I did warn you man…

@Sid_552

4 Likes

dont agree since you wouldn’t be able to get out unless jumping out of roof

3 Likes

Good idea!

4 Likes

I know this is a late reply. The roof is already non-collision which is used when jumping out the ambo. Also, why would you not agree just based on the fact of the roof being used to get out?

4 Likes

I think you meant to say the roof IS collidable, u can’t jump out the top of an ambulance, at least in the back part of it

4 Likes

In the front of the rig where the driver and front passenger sit, the roof is non-collidable.

4 Likes

Oh wait, I’ve just understood the whole roof thing. I mean, there could be a button to get out or you could exit the back the same way you get in.

4 Likes

with the current system of getting out in fs its just jump so if you make everything collidable you’d be trapped, so maybe they could add a system of placing the player out of the ambo when you wish to get out

4 Likes

Yeah my mind completely blanked about the back of the rig existing when I was reading your comment so I had just assumed you were talking about the cab but I then immediately realised after replying that the back exists so yeah maybe a system where the player gets sent outside when they jump out the seat or if they click on the door to exit the same way they click to sit.

5 Likes

Per SCFD policy we’re not allowed to stage at CD for calls

5 Likes