Unfair jail times

depending on the judge we will go loose on it. lowering it only places harder restrictions on us. we try and give the fairest time. this is a roleplay group if you don’t like it then oh well.

1 Like

no long jail sentences make people less likely to commit crimes

1 Like

High jail sentences are common in firestone. Some are arrested for 5 hours, 10 hours, maybe 30 hours. The max arrest time is 72 hours…

These jail times are absurd, and makes no sense for a game. Why punish people by basically banning them for playing the game? As a result, there is less organized, and more attention seekers / annoying type crimes in firestone.

For example…

You have a role playing, non attention seeking criminal that is sentenced to jail for 30 hours. that person would end up quitting and in his place there would be an attention seeker. As a result of this long jail sentence time, you have removed good players from the game by essentially banning them by forcing them to sit in a room for hours.

This also indirectly affects cops because more attention seekers = more boring time for cops… and legit 99% of crimes are attention seeking (thats why i quit)

Sure, some people do the time and keep playing, but do you think most people are gonna waste their time, and electricity and power to have a computer autoclick for 12 hours? I don’t think so

To conclude, long jail sentences are outright stupid and it should be removed.

SOLUTION

Make the arrest time for cops without a court case increased to about 30 minutes, and make it so that the max timing for the courts is about 4-5 hours for the most extreme cases, otherwise about a 1-2 hour arrest max time.

9 Likes

that’s wrong. not only is it wrong, it’s just a stupid statement to say in the first place.

there’s life sentences irl, so people don’t wanna commit crimes right?

oh wait, that life sentence doesn’t stop people! some people still get a life sentence!

it’s not gonna discourage crimes in FS - look at fob. he didn’t seem to give a shit then got a big sentence.

furthermore, why would you want to discourage crimes so much? give law enforcement and the courts more to do lol

1 Like

you probably arent even a leo or a medic, let alone both at the same time. you don’t know how difficult it is with crime rates higher than all of the cities in the world’s crime rates combined.

1 Like

I’m sorry but that statement is just funny.

You comparing crime rates of a video game to reality :ok_hand: . Either way little rocktonlaw, point of this state is to grow as a community and actually increase the citizens. If we increase the jail time for (harsh) amounts due to the court system having the power to do is just dumbfounded. It’s literally like banning people from the game.

1 Like

Oops.

3 Likes

@RocktonLaw

Long jail sentences also make people rage quit or quit the game, or use a 3rd party software to autoclick and just keep their computer on…

Long jail sentences causes good criminals that roleplay to leave as they are the ones that do the organized crime usually get sued and to court, and meanwhile more attention seekers are in the game as a result.

People fail to realize that this is a game, and by giving people a high jail sentence, you are ruining one side of the roleplay aspect in firestone, the criminal side. And you are removing fun from both criminals and indirectly cops aswell by promoting attenion seeking because they are less likley to be sued and even if sued, they would get a low crime sentence.

tl;dr. long jail sentences are horrible, and make no sense.

1 Like

Sure, lower crime rates with long jail sentences, but do they really help the game? not really, have fun with attention seekers all the time as the judicial system unintentionally supports attention seeking.

1 Like

As I’m sure my friends in IO and SF could confirm, most if not all gangs are shit, at least now. We had some good gangs back in the day, but now it’s either elite reckless drivers or just a bunch of cancerous mass shooters. The best criminals in this group, like TheFurryFish, are not in legit gangs. However I agree with the rest or your statement in majority.

1 Like

thats because most good gangs are not in firestone, and are in other states (i.e mayflower)

this is due to unfair jail times, as well as other circumstances such as lack of fun in firestone, lack of good weapons, lack of firestone development technology, firestone is a police state meaning that its harder for criminals then it is for cops, firestone can be considered slightly pay to play as a criminal (such as cars to evade from cops, gamepasses expensive, guns expensive, etc), and etc.

1 Like

truth
only good gang was the one by bowy
he left cause fs got too many people

2 Likes

massino was pretty good ngl

caused a lot of fun shootouts that cops had to respond to

nowadays its just random shooting.

1 Like

massino was not good

silvani was the only dignified crime organization :triumph:

1 Like

Facts

1 Like

massino was a good attempt of reviving organized crime.

they influenced firestone by a lot, and crimes caused by them were extremely fun to respond to.

2 Likes

bowy’s mafia or gang or whatever was better though
massino is like a tiny bit

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like