Thoughts on the Firestone State Patrol?

They need somebody to make FSP great again! :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Preach! :100::rotating_light:

2 Likes

Honestly fsp has been in the crap chute and needs some big changes and especially a professionalism/maturity check.

2 Likes

no discipline in troopers what so ever
got monthy training blah blah but the trainings are awful and inconsistent

4 Likes

From SWATS standby, just me being in the county and seeing first hand how certain situations unfold, I’ve seen far to many “Cross-fire” problems. Firstly, 3-4 Operatives were killed due to few Troopers+ not watching their Cross-Fire. Secondly, I could careless about the Deputy rule to be honest as more and more shootings have been occurring, but this brings up the argument that it will be nice to have FSP through the entirety of Stapleton County. Pursuits happen far to much and having those spikes now and then will easily cut the amount of pursuits happen. Thirdly, Their has been a few troopers who tend to go into V2 and simply go “AFK” whilst on duty, I’m sorry but the current state of the county you shouldn’t go on duty, Park at CD/Bloxy/ and or Rogreens to just go AFK when like 2+ pursuits are happening. Another slight problem is “Scene Control” this has been an on going issue when FSP tends to show up to situations when SWAT/CRT/ any tactical unit really is conducting and not preventing civilians from entering the building(s), not only is this causing a problem for them but most importantly Tactical Units are all tired of dealing with this issue when we’re trying to conduct our scenes and then having 1-3 civilians entering the building and or obstructing the scene when it can be handled by FSP and or SCSO. I’ve also witnessed a few Troopers openly disrespect other department employees, higher ranks and or civilians, this shouldn’t happen regardless who you’re. Fix this for the better of FSP.

3 Likes

fsp doesn’t have a good command structure
PR had an investigations division that was biased and completely illegal
shit happens tho

its just a game :sunglasses:

5 Likes

They ran an off the books investigations division??

2 Likes

Yes sir

2 Likes

Jurisdiction wise, and I’m simply going to generalise this statement.

Firestone State Patrol should maintain and really be much more firm with their jurisdiction policies. Honestly, I find it insanely stupid to see numerous Deputies patrolling Redwood and then also see Troopers just cruising the streets.

I’m not saying everyone does it. But to have that still an issue from when I was in the department, over a year ago stems from two things.

Command / Structure and Discipline.

You need all two / three to maintain a functional and effective department.

And of course I can’t judge a department, I’m not in. However for me, stop always patrolling redwood goodness sake.

2 Likes

Here is my non biased,

People using our DPS investigations on us as a way to put us down as a department outrages me. The DPS Secretary even had to change/close down the google form because all the investigations were little things. I see countless of times of SCSO,DHS, and DOC misusing the radio by spamming and such. Also, half the cases on us were found non guilty or dismissed.

Our command, I can see what people are talking about but I can assure you that the Superintendent will fix this although he is still on it. As I am the current Major my only problem with command is High Command. High Command is a little slow when it comes with problems in FSP for instance. When, we have a rouge trooper which was a long time ago the Colonel and the Superintendent took awhile to exile. (This was when fob was superintendent)

Jurisdiction, now this is a slight problem. This could be fixed…

And Reforms… this is not because I am apart of FSP but I really think it would hurt FSP badly… I say instead of that I recommend the Governor Canine to sit with command and come up with a plan to sort this out.

Thank you,

3 Likes

PR Doesn’t investigate anymore,

And also PR was a alternative to High Command Investigating trooper. Then fed shut down all investigations towards departments saying it is DPS’S Job.

And Command is okay but no great but High Command needs to step it up.

2 Likes

Crossfire issues was dealt as we are hosting more training’s…

And we are working on other things.
Give us a 2 weeks you will see an improvement

2 Likes

At the end of the day, the competence of Troopers doesn’t boil down to FSP. They came from somewhere, such as POST. If POST had tighter rules, harder courses and competence tests, then maybe more professional Troopers would be put through into the department with the skills they need. From a former command standpoint, there is only so much that can be done. Yes, FSP could surely fix some rank advancement issues, but the main thing that needs to be looked into is POST. In the defense of FSP for jurisdiction reasons, they are state patrol meaning they patrol the entire state. Nobody wants to drive on the highways or back roads, most people are in populated and action packed areas such as Redwood. Patrol gets very boring just sitting on the highway, or driving up and down backroads. Unless you have LEO experience, you speaking on a patrol basis should be deemed useless.

4 Likes

So you’re going to blame POST for the Trooper’s actions?

3 Likes

Love the department, but went down the drain after I left. No discipline, shit command staff, jurisdiction problems from what I hear now. Canine, you should know what to do.

Ex-Superintendent WaterLostic

4 Likes

Dragon was good tho

2 Likes

One word: downhill. FSP isn’t what it used to be.

2 Likes

i had the best command staff

2 Likes

i love dragon, but the downfall started when he took over

3 Likes

SCSO is better

2 Likes