Thoughts on giving uniformed leos rifles

v2 has been being updated constantly recently, so why not another big game-changing update?
The resources are there, some scripting just needs to be done (Guns like the AR-15 and M4 exist)

• Yes leos should have long guns
  • No leos shouldn’t have long guns

0 voters

lol

little note, we DO have a long gun, but it’s terrible

3 Likes

why must be make firestone a police state like blythe and mano. why must LEOs only have the highest advantage possible, and when criminals get 1 overup advantage we are shit on (AKA THE SRT), when we can make the game actually enjoyable but not having either sides extremely overpowered.

13 Likes

lol no fng,crt, and swat are already active, and more than effective. no point sir

9 Likes

As a law enforcement officer in the stapleton county sheriff office, I would agree with this but only under 1 condition, having the uniformed officers go thru a course in order to earn that rifle certification.

5 Likes

I agree with that, but in regards to this post, it’s just a yes or no poll

3 Likes

If a criminal has an SRT they’ve beat the game. Don’t be comin out with only LEO’s have the highest advantage cause we don’t.

7 Likes

the map only has 3 roads in which people usually go to - prom. there are “tactics” on how to catch someone in a SRT, having a FSP at sky to spike, a LEO hiding and intercepting by going infront, etc

6 Likes

no uniformed does NOT need rifles, wait until v3, until then use your spike strips and communication skills to take down criminals

OR give uniformed the semi automatic ar-15 because that shit is worse than the m14/sks combined, an entire department already has rifles and that’s well enough without swat

and if that’s not enough, and LEO has the ability to call out FNG if they absolutely need the backup, and you’ll get at LEAST 5 of them

10 Likes

leos don’t need an advantage over criminals, they have tactical teams at their choice to request.

even if patrol rifles were implemented, they should only be acessible from the trunk or backseat which you’d have to click and select to equip.

3 Likes

*unlimited ammo and guns
*pager
*radio
*Spikes
*rambar
*tasers
*batons
*bulletproof glass

Leos does have the upper hand. Oh wow, they have a car that’s a bit faster. Almost like you can set spikes or direct another unit on the radio to cut them off. Leos are more powerful than criminals in the overall picture. Yeah, they have a faster car. Ok, they have a better gun but you know what you have? Way more units with an unlimited amount of tools. If your aim is good you really don’t have to worry about it. Criminals need the upper hand sometimes because if not, it would be boring with no challenge. Criminals make the game fun and making them powerless is stupid.

6 Likes

no

demilitarize the police

3 Likes

this discussion is old and was already setteled by the founders ages ago

you don’t get long guns in v2
in v3 a limited amount of leos will be permitted to go through some certification course and then get a long gun ingame, but not all

4 Likes

swat and crt is active enough. uniformed even have the power to call out fng. having been a former sergeant in doc, last time they let normal COs use the m4, two fng got killed in one evening. if you wanna use a cool gun, join SWAT, DHS or FNG where you will be given the proper training for it

8 Likes

As someone who isn’t an LEO nor Criminal and is legit just a fucking commerce inspector…

Y’ALL ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH SHIT TO DEAL WITH CRIMS, Y’ALL DON’T NEED MORE BIG PEW PEW GUNS TO KILL CRIMS WITH WHEN THEIR ONLY ADVANTAGE IS LIKE A CAR, UPDATE SOME CRIM STUFF I WANNA SEE SHIT LIKE EXPLOSIVES THAT CRIMS CAN BUY CAUSE THAT SHIT WOULD BE FUN

@Cuxle and I think you can especially agree with the explosives part lmao

7 Likes

How about we lock this. The answer, by the founders and popular vote, is no.

3 Likes

This reminds me of early V2 forums posts. “GIVE FSP AR-15, GIVE US GUNS, GIVE US MORE GUNS, WE WANT AUTOMATIC GUNS IM JEALOUS”

I always respond and I will keep responding to these with the same words: if you want a long gun and shoot the bad guys, join CRT, SWAT or FNG. Currently FSP and SCSO can’t even do their own job right, why would anyone give them a long gun.

Btw, in V3 FSP and I think SCSO are supposed to get a long gun anyway, so this is pointless.

5 Likes

madcusbad

3 Likes

By the way, y’all are saying “nooo leos have so many advantages already”. That is a fault of the developers team or whoever else is responsible for the balance, because criminals are extremely underbalanced everywhere apart from SRT part, where they are unbalanced in relation to LEOs. The balance in Firestone is fucking broken as fuck, but for some reason everyone thinks that it should be fixed through giving/removing tools necessarily?? What about higher damage? What about lower prices? What about everything else?

4 Likes

wait is that a Blythe reference? holy crap, i thought we were just hidden in the corner

3 Likes

I mean blythe is pretty popular but the way its run is like a police state lol

5 Likes