Thoughts on "County Government Abolishment Act"?

List your thoughts on this act by Congress! Keep it civil!

2 Likes

Personally I don’t care… as long as this won’t harm SCSO/SCFD… again.

2 Likes

Its retarded, the County Government is doing JUST fine. I haven’t seen a issue to make it pressured to be removed… The CC is fine. I understand BEFORE when the county government was complete shit but come on, its improved. Lets abolish congress since they have no brains

4 Likes

Flame has done nothing but good in the Department, They just want to stir stuff up and get attention whether it be good or bad imo /shrug

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sounds good to me.

2 Likes

Just gonna slide this in here because I feel everyone voice should be heard.

4 Likes

@Ronald_Reagan maybe make a deal with them before you murder them all?

2 Likes

FD and SCSO keep their jobs. Maybe ya could read that if you looked into the bill.

2 Likes

the department heads

2 Likes

abolish the county government because its useless atm

once fed releases V3 - and congress determines that a county government would be useful - we bring it back.

only then.

5 Likes

I have no comment on it and encourage my colleague @MisterGermanAidan to do the same.

I am aware of his co-sponsoring of this act.

2 Likes

What the hell

County government should be kept, I think federalism should be used in Firestone and removing it is pretty dumb. The argument against county govt is that they don’t do much and shit but thats because the state govt took all its power.

Remove county govt? You might as well remove SCSO and SCFD because theres no point in having regional law enforcement agences such as SCSO and SCFD if your just gonna remove the county govt. Theres no such thing as “Stapleton County” When you remove the county govt, so why have SCSO? Go and call it “Urban Police Dept” Or some shit like that instead if you guys in congress want to remove it so badly. So basically no regional agencies. No county court, no county only laws, etc because of theres no county that wouldn’t make sense.

If you do want to keep SCSO and FD, you can but theres no point. They would simply just implement the policies of the national government into their regions. Might as well only have FSP and DHS if your gonna remove county govt.

I think the county government also has a lot of potential. Not really the county government itself but the municipalities can have potential by creating city specific laws that pertain to their jurisdiction that the state government does not need to make or create. Rather however, the state government hogs all its power and does not give the power to municipalities so they can have some flexibility especially in making laws that work for their cities, rather then having too large of a state govt.

To conclude, I believe that keeping a federalized system of government is better then turning Firestone into a unitary system of government.

5 Likes

@Sharm500 suppoort

1 Like

I see no reason to have SCSO and SCFD if your gonna remove county govt

All they would do is implement the laws of the State law into their respective jurisdictions rather then, in the formerly county government use their county laws to enforce them in their respective jurisdiction.

Having a agency that implements state law into their county is just not useful and FSP and DHS can do that.

For example, in many unitary governments, there is no local authority or law enforcement in their country, theres only a national level.

For example, in the country of Spain, they have “National Police Corps” while also not having regional law enforcement agencies.

to conclude, if your gonna remove a federalized system of government, might as well remove SCSO and SCFD too?

3 Likes

fIrEsToNe FiRe DEpaRtmEnT

3 Likes

I think that, if county govt is removed (bad decision to remove county govt) SCSO abolished, and SCFD renamed to Firestone Fire Department.

2 Likes

why not be unusual?

there is no point in having a county government at our current point, OR EVEN municpal governments

i guarantee if you ran an anonymous survey of SCSO (and SCFD if they apply) asking if they’ve read and enforced county law you’d get an overwhelmingly “no” answer. ask for municipal law and you’ll get near 100% “no”.

nobody cares. if the county government laws arent being enforced its a waste of time and inevitable legal issues we’ve ran into with state government

and two LEO depts are better than one, and one FD department is better than zero. who cares about their names. they do their jobs just fine and thats all that matters.

3 Likes

disgraceful

2 Likes

I have yet to see a deputy enforce county law

5 Likes