The Problems with SCFD ~ Debate Forum

• Fed needs to listen to community
  • tech is the solution to every problem
  • ffa is the solution to every problem
  • less training

0 voters

which one of these is really gonna work the best?

1 Like

The curriculum isn’t even bad, I can do most shit from the top of my head LOL

1 Like

I can agree, the training process may be a bit long n can be simplified a little tho

1 Like

you made 1 paragraph about scfd and didnt even provide any detail on how its the problem

3 Likes

like how is scfd so bad? what exactly admin problems need fixin

1 Like

Fedora is the founder of this state, by joining to this state you agree to that.
If he does not wish to respect the wishes of the departments, or various individuals who may reside, that is in his ability. He has made the investments to found this community, and he can do what he wishes.

I believe SCFD knows this entire thing best, they know their curriculum, they know their flaws. I have spoken to the chief as CE and as not CE. He is a great man who knows what to do.

I used to be a member of SCFD, I went through FFA. It ain’t a cakewalk, but neither is POST. With FFA, I felt like I learned more and learned it better. Its been so long, so I can’t remember exactly all the things anymore, but thats ok… Its not like I remember all the POST things.

But despite FFA’s “difficulty” I was able to become dual certified (EMT-P and FF/EMT-B) and even become a JTO (trainer boi for FFA), why would that be? Well, because its not so goddamn hard if you listen and do the things. Just like POST.

Im sure SCFD’s FSFA or whatever was just the same, if not easier.

Basically, listen to SCFD, listen to the departments. They know it best.

4 Likes

If anything, SCFD is dumbed down to the point where realism doesn’t match with the overall goal of this state. As of now, all they really do is put water on a fire and call it a day. They don’t go into things like primary search,hose loads, types of lays, deployment, ladders, RIT, mayday, pumping, or even half of the actual Firefighter 1 skills. EMT/Paramedic is not even close to being hard when compared to the real thing. What I’m confused about is why add a greater variety of calls if training is going to be dumbed down? That will only produce more incompetent firefighters. Another issue is staffing. I’ve said this numerous times in the FS discord, but SCFD in V3 is going to have more stations and rigs such as a squad yet they still cannot fully staff an engine. Frankly, the only apparatus which should be present are the engine, truck, tower, ambulance, and command vehicle for BC. That’s it. Quit forcing FDNY rigs such as the squad onto a department operating in a mid sized area. It won’t work out.

2 Likes

Half of you are just agreeing with fed cause he’s the founder or whatever, some aren’t even in SCFD or even experienced being in the dept at all to know what the problem is within the dept you noobs

1 Like

3 Likes

I’ve gone through SCFD’s academy and became a paramedic. The content to becoming EMT-P itself is actually a lot for a game on Roblox. Granted it’s ridiculously less than what you have to do in real life, but you gotta accept the fact that not everything has to be on this kid’s game called Roblox. Everytime I went on duty, I have to look at my notes to even see what’s going on.

Here are some examples of what I have to determine in a patient:

1. heart rate

• options: SUPRAVENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA, VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATION, VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA, PULSELESS VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA, NORMAL SINUS RHYTHM, BRADYCARDIA, TACHYCARDIA, ASYSTOLE, ATRIAL FIBRILLATION, STEMI, PULSELESS ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY
  2. lung sounds

• options: ABSENT, DIMINISHED, WHEEZING, PLEURAL RUB, STRIDOR
  3. different pathologies

• options: MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION [HEART ATTACK], CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE, CARDIAC ARREST, TENSION HEMOTHORAX, TENSION PNEUMOTHORAX, ASTHMA ATTACK, STROKE, SPONTANEOUS SEIZURES, EPILEPSY, HYPERTENSION [HIGH BP], HYPOTENSION [LOW BP], HYPERGLYCEMIA [HIGH BLOOD SUGAR], HYPOGLYCEMIA [LOW BLOOD SUGAR], SHOCK / POST-TRAUMATIC SHOCK

this is just only a few of what you have to do as a paramedic. you literally sit and copy paste all the steps you do and honestly it’s just too much work and tiring, and definitely excessive for a game like this. it is true that it’s a good attempt to accurately reflect of what you would do in real life, but you can definitely dumb it down a bit and make it a little bit simpler and have it more enjoyable. i mean, you don’t see cops doing the paperwork you’d have to do in real life, which is far more extensive than the LOVID they have to fill out.

i’m all ears for improvements for v3, and that’s the goal of v3 to remove the problems v2 had. but if you’re gonna go target fed and whoever did the changes, what benefit do you really get out of it lol. after all you should be thanking him for letting you even participate in the group.

3 Likes

If it wasn’t fucked up in the first place then he wouldn’t have to micromanage it.

1 Like

congress secondary doe : (

1 Like

You know how I feel about SCFD vs Dev relations… Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think one of the downsides are that SCFD has to deal with people who never play the game before and sometimes do the same shit over and over again. Ik this is a long shot but teach citizen like a actually lesson on role-playing lol? im kinda joking and deadass at the same time. Though I do think that if people want to dedicate time into learning EMT shit and all that cool, but applying it to firestone is a bit complicated, might as well become a real EMT and “roleplay.” At the end of the day it’s your choice and consider that you’re playing a kids game.

2 Likes

scfd gets boring and repetitive very very fast. i used to get the same calls every shift, its always a person hit by a car. basically, you burn out very fast

1 Like

oh would you look at that, a response that isn’t empty targetting. thank you for your concern, in v3 my goal is to make the fire department’s system more developed where it isn’t just you spraying and a fire going away. i’ll attempt to add more options development-wise to make the job more enjoyable and more rewarding.

1 Like

Bruh y’all screaming curriculum change curriculum change when half of the people in FS can’t even roleplay properly n most civs n tourists just say anything which be making no sense tbh :dancer:t2::dancer:t2:

1 Like

I agree with masty, majority of the lost is members is due to burn out. LEO’s don’t have such things.

1 Like

also banning an scfd captain for something discord related is too far imo, but im not the mod so thats all imma say

1 Like

There’s an insane amount of routes they can take to fix SCFD, they just opt not to. It’s easier for them to blame fed for their issues.

1 Like