The Problems with SCFD ~ Debate Forum

SCFD’s EMS curriculum contains a plethora of unnecessary content, and should be revised to remove whatever is never used. Hence why I suggested yesterday, that they do polls with their members and certification holders to determine what needs to go. FFA isn’t any help either. Bringing back this extensive academy that’s run solely by current SCFD members won’t be any different than their current academies. FFA isn’t the magic band-aid they should put into play. The curriculum itself does, like I said, contain a plethora of unnecessary and unused content. On the contrary, the same people struggling to complete EMT-B/EMT-P are the same people who think learning CPR is difficult. Where they overflow in EMS training, they lack in fire training. I made an analogy above where I stated that SCFD was capable of saving a gay diabetic with AIDS and dementia, but is incapable of putting an apparatus in pump, and that still holds true. I believe they should buff their firefighting training a bit.

As for v3, adding 2 additional stations isn’t the proper solution to the situation either. You’re employing all of these new apparatus and vehicles, when SCFD struggles to staff a single engine with 1 firefighter as it stands. People are riding on the fact that SCFD will magically get better in v3, and all these people will flock to the department, when in reality, that is not at all true. Adding on more apparatus and more stations to staff will increase the workload to SCFD.

I’ve said it many times and I’ll continue to say it now, the lack of employment within the Stapleton County Fire Department is a direct result of poor administration efforts, lack of government attention and reform, and a lingering bad reputation that hangs over the department like a storm cloud. The many solutions to their problems have been discussed a multitude of times.

I can list off a FDNY’s worth of people on ROBLOX that would willingly flock to the Stapleton County Fire Department if the reputation wasn’t so poor.

CanineEnforcement

10 Likes

can confirm

2 Likes

Lets be real though, If Fed would listen to the people this would not be a problem. Fedora trying to micro manage things that should not be in his power are whats making problems like this a thing. If he would let the people of Firestone decide the Fire Department would be blossoming with members.
Lets make SCFD great and make it volunteer!

6 Likes

Fully agree. SCFD is great with medical—which is great. However, they take ages to respond and put out fire.

2 Likes

In addition, it is a primary department. There are tons of FF and/or EMT LEOs out there, but being a LEO is way more interesting (with the way this community is oriented around cops and robbers) than working for SCFD. The one way to truly fix SCFD’s activity issue is to make it secondary so people can be a LEO too. It makes no sense to have it be primary.

…and V3 isn’t going to fix the cops and robbers thing or the SCFD issue

Edit: To conclude, SCFD isn’t the problem, Fed is

7 Likes

He is too rigid to let the people, who make this all possible, decide.

4 Likes

the magical bandaid is being secondary, and evening out the curriculum

1 Like

Fed has been doing certain things to this community that we disagree with. Small things really don’t change us that much and we usually get used to it. Now here’s the thing with fed that he just announced.

“I feel a large part of SCFD’s member problems are due to the overdone and ridiculous training requirements that make it incredibly difficult and near impossible to get people into SCFD. This is coming from me to simplify and remove unnecessary information from the training instructions. Although the initial detail was good, it’s too hard. Making it easier will get numbers up for SCFD.”

-FedoraMasterB98. First and Foremost, I believe, as a former firefighter, and current EMT-B cert, that EMT-B is not at all hard, and it’s basic first aid with some spinal stuff that you should know. Yes, EMT-P is complicated but nothing near what fed describes as “near impossible”. That aside, most of the firestone community wants FD as secondary. Fed says that the reason SCFD has low members is because the “near impossible to pass training”. First of all, that’s false, because, in the poll I did, most people who left SCFD were joining an LEO dept. THIS MEANS THEY’RE ALREADY CERTIFIED AND THEY PASSED THE “NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TRAINING”. Fed is acting like a dictator and announcing his opinion rather than the facts and statistics on why people aren’t joining FD/leaving SCFD. There have been many polls about this and most people disagree with

• Agree. SCFD Should Be Secondary and Fed is killing FD.
  • Disagree. SCFD should remain Primary and Fed is Right

0 voters

fed. Let’s see what we think here.

1 Like

Smh… doesn’t make sense to have SCFD secondary even in irl. #PrimaryForEver

Or if he creates another group just for EMS(ambulances) only but that will never happen.
@CanineEnforcement back me up not sure

2 Likes

wdym? There are people who are LEOs and Firefighters (volunteer) all the time, especially in rural places.

1 Like

what about some kind of voluntary type thing for interested people

2 Likes

Yes, I think you’re forgetting that this is Roblox. All I’m saying is that Fed doesn’t understand the real reason behind SCFD’s low member count. Maybe if you read what I said, you’d understand that. First of all, that’s false, because, in the poll I did, most people who left SCFD were joining an LEO dept. THIS MEANS THEY’RE ALREADY CERTIFIED AND THEY PASSED THE “NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TRAINING”.
I was talking about the bold assumption that fed made regarding member count correlating with training

2 Likes

“Rural” that’s the point but I understand what you are saying

1 Like

fd being a primary department is playing a key role in activity. i want to join fd but do i really want to give up my leo job for fd?

3 Likes

They take ages because there’s usually one or two SCFD online and they have many calls. If there were more members in SCFD, there would be more activity in general, reducing response times. Being a former member, I know we can’t be at every scene at once.

1 Like

Regardless, it’s a video game. There are going to be things that are unrealistic, especially for the better of the game and roleplay.

2 Likes

Have you ever been in SCFD?

2 Likes

yall can say OMG NOT REALISTIC TO BE COP AND FD but is it realistic to be DPW, DOT and LEO?

6 Likes

the reason DPW and DOT is secondary cause they would have no members. so why is FD different

3 Likes

stop blaming everything solely on fed. yes he’s apart of the problem, but most of the issue is from SCFD itself. clearly some of you didn’t read the actual forum. having a volunteer department is a bad idea, period.

1 Like