The Discord Moderation Situation

I’ve actually been timed out now for 7 days for literally using the word “dick” in a sentence which had no relation to the actual meaning of the word. I do agree people who use these words in a way that is offensive and is rude to others should be timed out/banned but that should not be up to the decision of a bot who has no idea how to interpret your text if it was offensive or not. We have moderators for a reason.

Why fix something that isn’t broken?

3 Likes

If you’re talking about the system in the picture here, then again, that is Discord themselves (a feature which all servers have access to) and cannot be controlled by anyone except Discord staff

1 Like

If you say something and get battered for it, whos reslly l

1 Like

im super late to this post but automod has its perks sometimes! i defo dont think that it should be in vc monitoring what ppl say, except for maybe slurs (it’s a bit finicky though, but regardless, ppl aren’t stupid in fs and will try to justify their use of similar words that sound like it…bc they think they’re funny).

as for chat, etc, it should mainly focus on slurs, and maybe nsfw. some of the reasons that i keep seeing here (that are against auto mod completely) are slightly concerning, because you rlly don’t need or want that vocabulary in your system as frequently as i see some of the fs community use it…like we all have a digital footprint… :skull_and_crossbones: also, you can’t blame a community from changing when it was formed eons ago, and so many people have come into and out of it! like some of the things said here have been offensive for a while now, and ppl are blaming it on this “new generation”…like no

last note: we all are in a discord server … there r rules (that we all should’ve read)…& they aren’t there to look pretty :joy: they gotta be enforced at some point! so all love to the mods for doing their job

3 Likes

discourages people to chat + replaces mods

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.