The Discord Moderation Situation

i literally got muted for 7 days for saying fuck.

also fed you cant just filter part of your name because you dont want people doxing you… other people have that name too. namely spider (very active) who literally does not mind being referred to as such.

Use automod for slurs, and mass tags. let your moderators you HIRED do their jobs and moderate the rules, not try to use automod to enforce it. Turn it back down.

And get rid of that VC shit, no way thats not stalking us by saving it to cross reference.

4 Likes

im aware of what its for, except at one point it was gonna follow devs and mods

4 Likes

YEP. I would’ve reconsidered my position as a developer over a bot that stalks me in VC anytime I joined. VERY INVASIVE.

6 Likes

All of this shit is unironically 1988ish. Its so fucking creepy.

2 Likes

This is like George Orwell’s book 1984

5 Likes

ITS THE AI INVASION. ROBOTS ARE STEALING OUR JOBS!!!

3 Likes

I know your being funny but this is actually 1984 type shit

2 Likes

I once reminded fed that free speech exists, and I got a perm ban.

1 Like

freedom of speech is not the same as freedom from consequence…

3 Likes

The amount of times I’ve said the things I said, I’ve never been moderated for and I’m sure others have done the same thing as me before there was never a problem because everyone knew we were messing and just having a bit of fun. Most people now take things way too seriously hence why probably AutoMod was pushed because of the snowflakes of the community came out into the woodwork and start complaining about what we say.

As well, when I was within that age group before, I didn’t have a problem with and I’m 100% sure back then in 2018-2019 there wasn’t a single problem if you happened to make a NSFW joke, but now seems to be the problem all of sudden when it’s been happening for ages, but now seems to be the problem. I guess that’s what happens when parents raise their children and not teach them the factor of being able to handle jokes whatsoever (of course there’s a line).

4 Likes

thats quite literally what freedom of speech is

1 Like

Quite honestly, after I was warned for posting a picture that just said “Gay Sex” in big bold metallic letters, by someone who used to go in VCs and moan his moderators names, I kinda just left the community.

There’s a lot of double standards for what is or isn’t moderated, and quite honestly it’s at the point now where talking, or even interacting with the community isn’t fun anymore.

I get Firestone has had a lot of issues with “certain” people, but what’s happening now is not the way to go about it.

Anyways I hope you Firestone community members are having a wonderful time.

2 Likes

Bro how do you get banned for saying Thomas? How long are you even banned for?

2 Likes

he was banned by fed, so its perm

if he wants to get unbanned (dont think he was given the option to) he has to appeal it in fed’s dms

1 Like

Bro thats fucking crazy

2 Likes

Honestly I think I’ve been permed ban

No, I can appeal the normal way.

1 Like

fedban

1 Like

yeah ive been banned for 6 months too, i dont think asking fed would help.

2 Likes

have u appealed yet?

1 Like

actually, thats excactly what it is

2 Likes