Succession Uniformity Comprehensive (SUC) Act

PREAMBLE: To create an uniform and comprehensive line of succession that account for the proper authority to take the executive office in time of need.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

SECTION I: The Succession Uniformity Comprehensive (SUC) Act shall create the official line of succession for the Office of the Governor of Firestone.

SECTION II: In the event, for any reasons including, but not limited to death, resignation, inability, removal from office, or simple vacancy, there is no Governor capable of discharging the duties of the office of Governor of Firestone; then the individual highest on the following list, and is fully eligible and capable of handling the position of Governor of Firestone, shall become the Governor of Firestone:

i. Lieutenant Governor

ii. Speaker of the House of Representatives

iii. President Pro Tempore of the Senate

iv. Secretary of State

v. Attorney General

vi. Secretary of Public Safety

vii. Director of the Firestone Bureau of Investigations

viii. Director of Peace Officer Standards and Training

ix. Secretary of Commerce

x. Secretary of Transportation

xi. Secretary of Public Works

xii. Secretary of Health

xiii. Director of the Firestone Fire Academy

xiv. Secretary of Aviation

xv. Secretary of Boating & Waterways

SECTION III: Should there be an occurrence where there is absolutely no individual to succeed the Governor of Firestone as defined within Section I, gubernatorial elections are to begin immediately and the position of Governor shall remain vacant until a successor is elected.

SECTION IV: The following legislations shall be recognized as nullified in the passage of this act:

Gubernatorial Succession Act

A Bill to Fix the Gubernatorial Succession

SECTION V: Should any section, phrase, word, or letter of this act be declared unconstitutional, the rest shall remain in effect.

SECTION VI: This shall go into effect immediately upon passing the required constitutional process.

Chief Sponsor:

The Right Honorable Lieutenant Governor of Firestone, Sharkfish82

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.