Stapleton County Medical Services: Paygrade

The Fair Pay Act has since been amended so no, it does not reflect that

5 Likes

i don’t remember where it was said, but it was said somewhere that scms was primarily targeted at people who fail to get into scfd (hence scfd failures) or those with standalone emtb/i. yeah i guess it was worded a little harsh but it’s said now so hey ho

4 Likes

The numbers in that act that I posted are the current numbers in v2. The reason why the amended acts aren’t being reflected in v2, is because congress has put the numbers up too high, and the founders will not approve of them. Like I said, we can raise them a bit, but not by 10-20 like all of the amendments have done.

3 Likes

You said ‘wages set by Congress’ which implies that the Founders are abiding by Congressional legislation which is not the case.

Also, that’s actually not true. The departmental wages in v2 are calculated based off of a coefficient of the rank which does not reflect the Fair Pay Act. Do I care? Personally, no, and I don’t see why Congress should really have a say in wages – seems more for the developers – but that’s the law at least.

5 Likes

You’re wrong. The numbers listed within that act are currently being used in v2. I’ve spoken to envelope, and he’s literally confirmed it.

4 Likes

i remember when dobw first got a team, i got 25 per minute. this was when we were ranked to intern since we needed to do a training to regain our rank, couldnt imagine what dept hicomm was making

4 Likes

Cabinet members (department heads) make $35 every 2 minutes. (70 with x2)

3 Likes

jesus

4 Likes

The Fair Pay Act does not regulate minimum wages (ask Congress why), it regulates the exact wage you must get.

According to Stapleton County v2 Update Logs - #5 by GetEnveloped and my personal experience, your wage increases depending on your rank in a department which is technically not in accordance with the Fair Pay Act.

Additionally, Section 1B of the Fair Pay Act is not abided by in v2 as when I’m on the DOT team I do not receive the higher pay I would get as a citizen which is not in accordance with the Act.

5 Likes

So technically all of the wages listed within that act were used as the “minimum wage” for each department. All positions outside of departments use the numbers reflected there. Interesting.

4 Likes

Partly yes but partly not. According to the Act, the Founders are supposed to apparently get $1 and the developers $35 which is not in accordance. Other than that, the wages for citizens are used correctly. But again, when I’m on DOT team I should get the full $62 I get as a court justice but I don’t.

5 Likes

The $1 was made out of spite towards us Founders, so we made it the same as Governor.

The minimum wage can be set by Congress, so long they aren’t ridiculously high. The last act I was sent had a minimum wage of $25-30 for most departments… meaning High Command with the x2 gamepass would earn over $100 every 2 minutes. There’s a reason why that was struck down. You can alter wages but not significantly high.

Like I said, a congressmember DM’d me a question about it but I lost their DM to respond to, so if they can bump the DM, we can talk more about it.

5 Likes

no offense to High Command but they shouldn’t be paid higher than regular LEOs. Regular LEOs who play daily and get killed lose a lot of money. Same for congress members its not like you guys are writing 24/7 (no offense to you guys)

4 Likes

Flawed argument.

High Command have more paperwork and responsibility over their departments. They are only paid with respect to their rank when patrolling in v2, on top of the out-of-game paperwork they have to do.

Congress aren’t paid when in Capitol or writing bills outside of game.

8 Likes

fair points

4 Likes

I personally believe wages are more a thing for the development team to regulate. However, the law is simply different at this time; whether I agree with it or not doesn’t matter. The $1 for the Founders doesn’t really make sense to me and Congress should probably amend it to be clearer and in line with the developers.

5 Likes

I do concur that you should be making more as a founder but at the same time not all of us have the x2 gamepass.

Thus, why can we not up the wages to be enough to where we/the citizens can make enough so that the uh crazy expensive stuff isn’t out of reach after 3 years of gameplay?

4 Likes

or create civilian incentives to make money in another way apart from autoclicking in CD

4 Likes

The wages are partially regulated. We’re simply allowing minor alterations by Congress because it is something we can afford. Just can’t let it get too crazy.

3 Likes

i dont rly think that i failed to get into scfd, but k.

3 Likes