Stapleton County Medical Services: Paygrade

So we all know that the standard departmental pay is 18 dollars (36 with double) per 2 minutes. Well, I feel like this would be innacurate for SCMS as private ambulance companies are often paid MUCH more than fire department ambulances. I’m not saying it has to be anything major but maybe like 22 Per 2 minutes (44 with double) would be a cool feature to enforce realism.

6 Likes

wages are controlled by congress

5 Likes

Reintheoretisch.

Congress technically does control wages but v2 does not reflect the wages set by Congress as far as I know

4 Likes

weg kein deutsch hier

4 Likes

I wont exactly be happy if some bls scfd failure earns on par with my paramedic senior pay in scfd

6 Likes

scms isnt private, its run by the state health department

7 Likes

already was changed by myself a long time ago, was never implemented

this is purely a dev concern at this point

4 Likes

Dude 22 is a lot… I wish our wages were higher… but yea as it currently stands 18 is ok… 22 is higher than most cops in the state.

4 Likes

The last wage “update” I got was a tremendous increase (x2 for nearly every department) which I think is a little too much. Some other congressmember dm’d me a question related to the wage of which I forgot who so I couldn’t refer back to it (which is why I generally tell people to bump their DMs with me).

5 Likes

i think wages are okay

4 Likes

i was going to introduce the fair pay act of 2021 but im not going to waste my time on a bill if founders arent gonna edit the wages

6 Likes

a little mean to call someone a failure because they don’t want to be a paramedic or work for scfd. not saying i agree or disagree with the wage thing though.

5 Likes

get off the forums ur on loa

6 Likes

V2 reflects on the wages set by congress here: Fair Pay Act

Envelope said he would update them, but congress in the past has decided to push for ridiculously high wages, and they simply won’t approve. We can raise them, but not 10-20 dollars more than what they’re at.

4 Likes

The Fair Pay Act has since been amended so no, it does not reflect that

5 Likes

i don’t remember where it was said, but it was said somewhere that scms was primarily targeted at people who fail to get into scfd (hence scfd failures) or those with standalone emtb/i. yeah i guess it was worded a little harsh but it’s said now so hey ho

4 Likes

The numbers in that act that I posted are the current numbers in v2. The reason why the amended acts aren’t being reflected in v2, is because congress has put the numbers up too high, and the founders will not approve of them. Like I said, we can raise them a bit, but not by 10-20 like all of the amendments have done.

3 Likes

You said ‘wages set by Congress’ which implies that the Founders are abiding by Congressional legislation which is not the case.

Also, that’s actually not true. The departmental wages in v2 are calculated based off of a coefficient of the rank which does not reflect the Fair Pay Act. Do I care? Personally, no, and I don’t see why Congress should really have a say in wages – seems more for the developers – but that’s the law at least.

5 Likes

You’re wrong. The numbers listed within that act are currently being used in v2. I’ve spoken to envelope, and he’s literally confirmed it.

4 Likes

i remember when dobw first got a team, i got 25 per minute. this was when we were ranked to intern since we needed to do a training to regain our rank, couldnt imagine what dept hicomm was making

4 Likes