Slow down SRT's

I think SRT’s Need to go down a gear or two. It is literally impossible to chase an SRT. They blow past you at max speed while you at a red light and there is literally no way for us LEOS to catch up. I know I’m not the only one that feels like this I don’t care how many likes this gets it has there has to be a change to either make LEO cars faster or their car slower. It is really ridiculous how we don’t even bother to light up SRT’s because of how pointless of a chase it would be.

8 Likes

tenor

absolutely NOT

two gears down it wouldn’t even be as fast as the r/t charger???

are you NUTS this is one of the few advantages criminals have

12 Likes

How about we slow them down by 5 sps?

4 Likes

not to mention trooper you have SPIKES and a RADIO

planning planning planning you can catch them

9 Likes

no

6 Likes

god no

6 Likes

Imagine this, Im at a red light, a SRT blows past me at max speed, Now they are like 50-100 studs away from me when I reach my max speed, the map already isn’t completely loaded, all he has to do is make one turn out of my sight and I have lost eyes.

3 Likes

then get as much as a desc as possible and call it in

SRTs are meant to be a challenge for law enforcement, every other vehicle basically stands no chance unless you’re an EXPERT EXPERT driver or the cops are not having a good day

8 Likes

If someone blows past me at max speed all I can say is “Grey SRT” Imagine a Server of cops stopping every grey SRT and asking “dId yOu rUn?”. I cant see the driver, and the spike stripes only work on certain areas of the map because you cant rotate them, and do you know how may times SRT’s go into the hills when we do cut them off? Now that they are in the hills what in the world can I say on the radio to help other officers locate the pursuit, “Hills by Hillview” DO you know how broad that is and on top of that if you use the hills you can definitely travel city to city way faster then on the road. With out ASU we are literally nothing to these SRTs

3 Likes

Like I don’t think you understand how insane it sounds to chase a car that goes the same speed as yours plus the fact about 75% run into the hills when we actually do cut them off and end of going from Hillview to 401 NB in 10 seconds. Like that doesn’t sound insane to you? Im not even asking for too much, 5 sps lower then LEO cars.

3 Likes

if this were to happen there would be ZERO advantage for criminals in pursuits besides trying to aimlessly drive in the hills to fall into the void or some invisible ditch

the SRT is a major advantage to criminals, if there’s one tire on they’re done anyways, so come at them from all sides and get a tire

5 Likes

19 Likes

You’re saying this as if they only stay in one city and it is easy to intercept them, they literally go on the 98 and travel throughout the 98, I’ve been in a chase that lasted damn near an hour just because we cant catch up, and being an “expert driver” won’t help you. The goal is to make it possible for yall to get away but not impossible.

3 Likes

??? why make it go the same speed as a crown vic :skull:

7 Likes

you rotate them by clicking R.

Firestone as it is right now has a lack of criminals. Majority of criminals are going legal because of how they’re treated by the community and you’re just basically killing it even more with this suggestion.

There are SO many ways to catch a SRT. Using common sense and the tools you have is the #1 way of doing so

LEOs scattered across the map instead of ALL going into 1 area

that is asking for WAY to much, are you listening to yourself? What’s the point in playing the game if we’re gonna be the next Mano county or Vancouver.

its basically impossible, making it useless. You’re essentially making all the criminals that are left (which isn’t many at ALL) leave by force

7 Likes

alright, I was exaggerating it come on now. :joy:

3 Likes

we should add 1 additional gear to all cars

5 Likes

i agree

3 Likes

SRTs are perfectly balanced

the ONLY thing that was on my side here was the srt and luck

3 Likes

I think the lack of criminals come from the fact that people send them to court and then spend 15 mins in jail + the 3 hours the court sentences them to weeks later.

3 Likes