Shutdown servers every day

There’s an exploit which basically gives you the Roblox Studio look while in game, that can alter assets in the game. Meaning if they have that and they change the code, it can be abused.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen that used in Firestone, so I don’t see how that’s a problem. The only exploits that work in Firestone are flying exploits, speed exploits, invisibility exploits, and flinging exploits.

2 Likes

@Ryidied I don’t think you understand how v2 servers work. See they have to be shutdown every certain number of days due to everything inside the game starts breaking (sort of) and having less functionality slowly (this is due to lag). By having a shutdown every certain number of days, it makes the game function ever better and have less lag. Lately they’ve been shutting down the servers to make sure the game functions better and doesn’t lag. Also what is there to be exploited and abused? Your baseless claim has no evidence supporting it. Don’t be a Donald Trump that makes up random bullshit.

3 Likes

Hello again InstantBuckets,

You do have a good point, I don’t have a response.

3 Likes

up shut

4 Likes

exactly so quit talking @Ryidied

3 Likes

3 Likes

mean very mean

4 Likes

I love responses like that, kinda funny.

3 Likes

As servers age, more stress is applied to that server. There are multiple ways this occurs. When a server is brand new and fresh, there isnt shit cluttered across the map and there isnt loads of people getting shot and scripts haven’t had enough time to start running yet (i.e fires, paws moving around, bank robberies etc). The map is “clean” basically and the server doesn’t have to handle alot. Now, as time goes on, scripts are being ran more and more, there are more people getting killed and shots being fired, more abandoned cars cluttering the map, basically theres just more stuff happening that the server has to handle. All of this puts stress on the servers v2 is running off of. As time goes on and more stuff occures, the stress increases.

Stress + servers = lag, because the more a server has to handle the longer it takes to respond. Now, when the servers are restarted, v2 goes back to that “clean” state I mentioned earlier, a state where not much is going on. The servers are now de cluttered and stress free and can handle game activity much easier, resulting in less lag. V2 is notorious for being unoptomized, making it extremely laggy by default. So i’m sure you can imagine how much worse server lag makes the game experience. Sure shutdowns may be annoying af for five minutes, but the tradeoff of reduced lag is much more worth it.

5 Likes

I like this idea. I will say though, lag is the least that I can complain about right now. These last few v2 updates have made the game very fun for everyone.

3 Likes

roblox’s security is bad but its not that bad

the client can access and change the map and code on their end, but it won’t impact other players. and also how would restarting servers create a vuln :joy:

3 Likes

@Ryidied @Gamer_Optic the game would notify people 5-10m beforehand to finish the situation (or atleast the most ideal way for a shutdown)

3 Likes

There’s where your wrong, coming from somebody who has used exploits before (it was in a game I owned, and it was for testing an anticheat)

3 Likes

unless you’ve got a backdoor or developer vulnerability (which your game probably did have), or are talking about things that are years old, it’s literally not possible because of how server enforcement works

3 Likes

Did they ever decide on a yes or no? I think this would still be a good thing to do.

4 Likes

As of now they usually get shutdown manually at least once a day

4 Likes

is that on purpose or bc of updates tho

3 Likes

I’ve said this many times, servers should be shut down really early in the morning as that’s when people start to get on, most people around 6-8am are sitting at CD, and little to no situations happen and with a 5-10 minute warning I believe it would be pretty good. With the addition of the new capital garage and more doors, it’s very annoying for DHS to wait 1-2 minutes for this door to open and close when in reality it should take no more then 10-15 seconds.

4 Likes

majority of the time on purpose because of the lag

4 Likes