Shutdown servers every day

I think V2 should be shut down at the beginning over every day or every other day, this can prevent old servers from lagging or remove any exploits placed in-game. Game activity tends to be the lowest in the morning for US times (CST, EST, PST).

Video showing heavy server lag: https://youtu.be/2rx0ZTbX4l4

• Every morning
  • Every other morning

0 voters

8 Likes

Another idea could be to give game mods the power to shutdown, or a server timer for say after 72 hours to auto shutdown.

5 Likes

yes PLEASE

5 Likes

good example!

12 Likes

i’d say this is a better idea, but with a 5-10 minute warning about shutting down

what I mean by this is you’d get a notification on your bottom right screen (like a friend request, or when a individual does -help and it says a moderator has already been called) counting down the time left until the game is shutdown (with a reason before countdown)

8 Likes

are u sure the tow truck bed deployment thing is just on its own like it goes that speed even without the lag? or is it just the lag only?

5 Likes

That could definitely work (Genuinely)

to help wrap up any roleplay going on for the 6 players at 7 AM

3 Likes

It definitely gets worse with server lag

2 Likes

we need this in v2, if you’re gonna be like canine and say “OMG THEY’RE GONNA RUIN MY 2 HOUR ROLEPLAY”, then we can easily shut down the servers when little to no people are playing, around like 2-3 AM EST.

5 Likes

Jake, you are a literal genius. No joke.

3 Likes

Just do this we all hate the server lag. Sometimes I get on FS drive my car and it’s really laggy from a previous exploiter.

4 Likes

not to mention when the server becomes glitched (money not depositing, tear gas is in the middle of the road, invisible, etc) this could be very useful (the game moderator shutdown feature with a 5-10 minute timer)

3 Likes

Used to play a game where the server would constantly mem leak. Their solution was to just have the servers reboot after it’s been up for 30 hours. It was messy, but it worked.

Of course the devs could just make V2 have good code which doesn’t memory leak, but that’s asking for too much.

5 Likes

Hell yeah. The doc gate and dot flatbed take literal eternities to function on old servers.

3 Likes

on god

unsuspended from the forums :grinning: :100: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Best to analyse the times when there is the least activity on a server for a week to see a pattern, then do those automatic shutdowns at that time.

3 Likes

I don’t believe a countdown is possible with the Roblox Default notification GUI, it would have to send another message to update the time, which would become annoying.

3 Likes

i could easily code a countdown with my limited scrpting knowledge

3 Likes

it’s not really hard, I’ve seen it done by other games like Fairhaven where they have a countdown, at first shows minute intervals of when the server is going to shutdown (5m, 4m, 3m, 2m, 1m, 30 seconds, then it starts to countdown each second

3 Likes

@FederalLaw @anon54114525 @pathwaysbball I would say this is good enough support, also just to bring the idea to your attention. Have a good one :smiley:

3 Likes