Shutdown servers every day

this is definitely only a problem when there’s server lag. it works perfectly fine without the server lag and the bed goes down within 1-3 seconds. with server lag, it takes up to several minutes

2 Likes

dude thats his wifi or PC problems, it doesnt lag as hard than that

2 Likes

nah sometimes it actually lags like that

2 Likes

Same with the Dpw sweepers, it takes ages to deploy the brushes and vacuum along with the traffic directors Being slow. Sometimes the warning lights don’t work at all

3 Likes

The problem is, it would interrupt RP’s, and warrant servings, ect.

3 Likes

Not if it’s done in the early morning, when RP is at a low

3 Likes

Just because it’s early morning doesn’t mean it still won’t interupt rp’s.

3 Likes

Time zones my friend

3 Likes

Kiddo there’s max 10-20 people on in the morning, I’m sure interrupting their RP wouldn’t be a problem

3 Likes

And plus, if this is implemented it becomes obvious knowledge and everyone knows it’s gonna happen.

3 Likes

Knowing doesn’t prevent rp’s, people getting there warrants getting dealt with. Coming from a law enforcement side (I’m POST Certified, and previously in SCSO, FSP) its argurvating if you catch a suspect with a warrant, and then the server gets shut down, or you get kicked or something like that.

3 Likes

If you’re a LEO you should know arrest warrants are rare, and it’s VERY UNLIKELY they’re going to be on at that time. Not to mention, a 10 second shutdown would be better than dealing with the many issues you would encounter.

3 Likes

Arrest warrants aren’t the only kind. Search warrants. And you don’t see the picture from time zones, because your aren’t on at a certain time doesn’t mean other won’t be on. Furthermore, if this was implemented, it could be exploited to have a constant shut down, or events like that. A shut down doesn’t fix everything.

3 Likes
  1. As I have said previously, literally no one is on around the early morning times in the US, so a shutdown would be at minimum inconvenience
  2. There are many issues with an old server, including lag, which can cause issues for departments, for example, I first hand have had the Ladder Engine take literally ten minutes to deploy the outriggers.
  3. Again, who would be performing a search warrant at this time? It’s very unlikely. Most LEOs are on during afternoon hours of the day in US time, and LEOs on in the morning are usually just ones trying to get hours in.
3 Likes

Notice how you said **in the USA **

Responding to the SCFD ladder, I’ve seen in brand new servers that things still lag, as I said a shut down doesn’t fix all lag.

Furthermore, let’s say a lot of people were on in the morning and the game got shut down, it would lag the new servers due to all the people joining at once.

3 Likes

Dude, how dense are you? There’s like 10 people on in the morning, and they’re most likely not even roleplaying due to the lack of Emergency Services. There’s little to no RP going on at these times, and shutdowns are optimal at these times.

3 Likes

Have you ever been in a server in the morning?

3 Likes

Yes. Yes I have. Why do you think I know this???

3 Likes

Good, however going back to my previous point, this can be exploited and abused.

2 Likes

How???

3 Likes