Shouldn't DPW give a permanent WM certification in the S&T?

Shouldn’t DPW be giving out certifications during S&T period? I think so as more would say that it has more purpose and the WM isn’t a big deal like SWAT.

4 Likes

95% of forums users have no idea what this means

7 Likes

im going to assume S&T is “standards and training” or training division

I’ve always said that DPW shouldn’t have WM certifications. DPW’s use until now with the new update on the sweepers is to use the garbage trucks and collect garbage bins to drop at landfills

It’s never made sense, and will never makes sense. You shouldn’t need a certification in order to operate a truck, should be integrated in the curriculum along with sweeping.

6 Likes

S&T is the Training division

4 Likes

Yes it is standards and trainings

3 Likes

His question has already been answered, idk the point of putting the questions on forums but

4 Likes

Going to reiterate this here. I’ve spoke with the Secretary, and him and I made somewhat of a deal in regard to WM. I will not be providing any details in regard to our discussion.

4 Likes

I agree^

3 Likes

Alright you put a deal, when will it be put in effect?

4 Likes

He just said that he won’t be discussing details

3 Likes

Trainings should be TRAINING about everything in the department

3 Likes

Again Gen said he is not discussing about it so can we stop

3 Likes

Yes but if the deal doesn’t do for long what’s the point? I’m super glad this update is out but trainees then need to attend another training-Which is short but rare and you need to get 10 logs which is hard with the sweeper, but this update was somewhat of a relief. Not trying to start any fights with anything as I understand command has every right to say no

4 Likes

I don’t see a need for this, the classes are long enough, what is a 10 minute course doing that is so bad, there is no point in merging them, in my opinion, the wm course helps control the amount of people who can actually operate and use the service, rather than having someone who has barely any clue what to do because its now in the back of their head after the tests and exams, but that’s just my view on it

4 Likes

I agree.

4 Likes

Quite understandable

4 Likes

Get a mod to close this, this is getting misleading.

4 Likes

Just that you need to get 10 logs after that and then WAIT for a session which takes forever. This is the main reason, you need to wait ages, and if you ask you can get blacklisted. That’s really the reason I’m doing this, and I show all respect to what the administration would like to do and if I need to delete this I will, but again this is my opinion, and waiting forever for a 10 minute session is a pretty long wait!

4 Likes

I will not be providing any details in regard to our discussion.

Not sure why this needs to be kept private but I can say on behalf of administration that no changes will be implemented to WM for the foreseeable future.

S&T = Safety and Training (Training Division)
WM = Waste Management

As of now, if you wish to do waste management, you must get a certification for it, I have suggested the idea of teaching WM during the basic training allowing all employees to use the service, however all of administration have agreed that there is no issue the way it is and it can cause other problems.

The reasons we haven’t changed WM to be for all employees, and removed certifications is due to:

• The training division’s trainings are already very long, class times that peak 3 hours sometimes, adding more to the curriculum will cause trainees to explode with workload.
  • Sweeping services will also be made completely redundant, which would have been better if we had more services, (Like how Taxi is redundant in DOT), however we don’t.
  • Having WM certifications gives employees something to work towards rather than just ranks, which can be hard to get sometimes, it is a more than achievable goal for someone who wants one (just do 10 logs, all 20 mins long, then DM a division coordinator+ for a training)
  • One main bonus of having something employees have worked towards will also increase our employee retention rate.

So basically, long story short, nothing is changing about WM, just do your 10 logs and get a certification.

5 Likes

Not really they are hosted quite frequently now.

4 Likes