Shouldn't DPW give a permanent WM certification in the S&T?

Nick and I talked privately, and we have made somewhat of a deal.

4 Likes

Having been the last one to spoke to him he said that you were asking for WM to be moved over, however he wont be doing it as there are bigger issues to focus on within the department than a perfectly functioning division.

4 Likes

its actually the shit and trash division

7 Likes

idk why they expire in the first place, its not like u lose ur memory of how to pick up bins

5 Likes

That does make sense. Why does it expire?

4 Likes

Expiry is to ensure that people still remember the knowledge, almost like how we had monthly trainings (which is now the monthly mass shift quota). Although in all fairness I feel that WM expiry dates would be a good thing that I will raise with Administration for you.

4 Likes

if they’re active, im sure they’d still know the knowledge they learned while conducting duties…

5 Likes

Again, something that I will bring up with a meeting with high command.

Additionally, I’d like to add here that even envelope has commented on how WM certs are needed after he spectated a training we did.

(yes I was on phone)

5 Likes

wtf you need 3 hours to become a trash man

7 Likes

I agree, DOT has significantly more services yet our classes are about 30 minutes to an hour. Three (3) hours is insane.

5 Likes

yessir

4 Likes

not to mention the first 1-2 trainings you need to even become a public employee, the quiz & exams aswell.

4 Likes

That’s how it used to be, but you know people changed it. :man_shrugging: One training used to cover everything you needed to patrol, including the sweeper and garbage truck.

5 Likes

when i was dpw like 3-4 years ago it went alone something like this

1. go to room and 10 minutes of notes
  2. instructor taught you how to use OC
  3. a small driving test
  4. the instructor took the photo of everyone
  5. the instructor gave us swords and we all killed each other

BOOOM DPW EMPLOYEE ONLY TOOK 30 MINUTES

5 Likes

I don’t recall you in DPW back then, or not when I was secretary from 2016-2017. We only had the sweeper, and only had like cones, flares, OC, and a broom. Training didn’t need to be any longer than 30-45 minutes. Now, there are unnecessary exams after each of the 2 classes you have to take to get into DPW, and a lot of things that shouldn’t be in place in my opinion. The last time I was in DPW, December of 2019, my training took almost 3 hours… And that is for the standard training for sweeper, classroom, etc, NOT including the waste management certification.

Training division needs a reform, high command members need to be filtered out, and there are things that need major change including their admissions process. When I was Secretary, I read every application out of the 100 or so each time they opened up, and went through them myself with some help from my deputy secretary. Now, DPW admissions team is made up from people outside of the department; random civilians can apply to be on the admissions team. There are a lot of issues with DPW, but I’m not going to go on.

4 Likes

I agree that admissions should be made up of people in the department. People in the department know what it takes to do the job and what personalities work within the department. People outside of the department wouldn’t know this.

5 Likes

I was his instructor & supervisor. This is when Steelers was Secretary. Made me sad when Phillip went criminal cause I had to break the news that he was going to be terminated. :frowning:

P.s. for legal reasons I don’t recall any sword fights on department grounds.

8 Likes

As the former S&T DD the training is WAY to long. We don’t need a 25 question exam after each then like a 35 one at the end of all of them. The notes have roughly stayed the same since I was there. Some useless or too time consuming was added in. Back then when I was DD (like May - July 2019) it was only an hour per session and a big exam at the end. I agree the curriculum isn’t the best now.

ive also been in dpw four times including the time I’m in it now so it definitely isn’t at its best compared to the other 3 times

5 Likes

When I ran the Waste Management division well over a year ago, everything was going well. I believe Thallius got removed and DyingIntel got confirmed as Secretary. James (the former director of the Cleaning & Collections Bureau) got promoted to Associate Secretary and I eventually took his spot as the Director of C&C. After leaving Waste Management, it was decided that the Bureau would be removed simply due to the low numbers DPW had. This led me to decide whether or not everyone should have the ability to drive the Garbage Truck.

People were joining the Department simply to drive the Garbage Truck, they would join, drive the truck, realize it was a waste of time and then leave. In order to keep numbers up, I added the Certification. This certification gave employees something to work towards, because (at the time) there was nothing besides promotions which were rare. We then came across the issue of people driving only the Garbage truck rather than the Sweeper (which was our main focus at the time), therefore what we did was add a 6 month expiration date to the certifications, as well as a cap to how many people could hold a certification. By having the certifications expire, we ensured that we had the ability to keep our employees up to date with the policies and procedures surrounding the truck.

Obviously, thing’s have changed since I departed, some for the better and some for the worst. One major issue that I have is the fact that trainings are ridiculously long. When I when through my trainings, they took maybe an hour at most. Trainings being up to two hours is just idiotic, this is a simple department with simple rules and regulations, if you are forcing people to sit at a two hour training to be a “garbage man” then there’s something wrong with you. Not to mention the exams you give them.

Moral of the story: Department has gone to shit :slight_smile:

6 Likes

even though me and you didn’t always get along, 100% accurate

4 Likes