Should SCWS be a Department?

If there where more weather tools/ vehicles there would be plenty of roleplay that could be created, people got bored because we had 3 tools 2 vehicles and the weather events kept getting reset or where occurring less often, if you limit the main function of the group (the weather) then of course people are not going to be interested or have anything to do.

When we tried to attend mass RP’s and add to them LEO’s would be aggressive with SCWS employees

2 Likes

tornados dont spawn LOOOOOOOOOOOL

1 Like

When where spawned 90% of the time someone would reset them before we had the chance to do anything with them

1 Like

You can’t blame the company’s inactivity due to a “lack of” tools or vehicles – we’ve had successful groups in FS that have done more things with fewer tools and support

2 Likes

It’s not being blamed directly on that but it was a factor when we had employees in-game every day and the weather events were not occurring, for example, if I said to you here take this car and go sit around, there won’t be anything for you to do as the weather events barely occur and get cleared when they do and we have no usefull tools would you want to do it.

If the weather events, vehicles, and tools are done right it will most likely return to it’s peak activity point

1 Like

The duties of SCWS should be merged into existing departments such as DOCM (as with NOAA), DPS (for alerting), and DPW (for reconstruction).

I talked with the County Executive on this matter earlier and I initially thought it would be a good idea to have it as a separate department, but honestly I’m now leaning towards not having that be the case unless some serious new developments are made. Otherwise, it’ll be fun for like a day and then die as a department (activity wise).

Having it under a department authority though would make more sense than it just being a business. I was never in favor of SCWS being a business as they’re practically providing a government service on alerting the public and assisting in weather catastrophes, something that a government agency would do. They even have their own exemption in the law to allow them to speed through traffic and break traffic laws like a government agency. Extreme Weather Precautions Act

1 Like

didnt u try asking for my personal data regarding the scws and made people give theirs up to?

2 Likes

I founded that shit :skull: it was boring as hell

2 Likes

I think a FEMA-similar entity (even on the county level) like I suggested three years ago could work… Having a Firestone Weather Service?

putting it under DOCM could work, however this isn’t IRL where one cabinet agency handles multiple objectives. In FS, departments really only serve one main purpose.

I feel like they should have some governmental authority, division or department. Being a department could help with getting more people to listen to roleplay events or weather advisories.

1 Like

Acc I founded it the private business you founded the public entity

1 Like

I never said it should be, I was saying there’s departments that aren’t under DPS

1 Like

Read above

1 Like

I mean its kind of a pointless department on its own. If anything it should be combined with a news department that actually reports stuff like impeachments, terminations, etc. The news department should not only report impeachments and terminations but break them down a little bit so that the public does not have to read the pages of documents just to try and understand what is going on. The Firestone News department sounds like a better fit then weather service. Just my opinion.

1 Like

the reason for it being allowed to be established as a department has not been given. has been operating fine since the end of time. no reason to so no.

1 Like

If we’re being at all serious, they’re barely seen. You see them once every few months after a sanctioned event, and rarely during normal time. Their activity is completely horrid, so why should they be granted the ability to have a team? Additionally, if added then it could set a precedent like others have stated.

1 Like

As a Division Supervisor for Stapleton County Weather Service I think that we should establish the business into a department because look how we aren’t going to do anything if we like voting on this act already we could be more recognizable than just that, I know that you guys going to sit there and say what happened and think that we have been inactive for the time being. I say that if we could make this possible there shouldn’t be any trouble from now on.

1 Like

Ministry of Firestonian Propaganda

1 Like

maybe. maybe not. maybe a secret third thing

2 Likes

REALLLL

1 Like

With better management and organization maybe.

Currently inactive, unorganized, etc.

Standards would need to be set within.

1 Like