Should SCWS be a Department?

As you guys are probably aware… Fed is allowing the County Council to turn SCWS into an official Department.

I am completely neutral on this topic, however I do question whether or not SCWS would be a successful department or not, considering that it could get boring pretty quickly. However, as other argue, it could be a cool idea and somewhat resemble irl weather stuff.

I encourage you all to participate in this poll, and discuss your thinking in the replies. As the County Chairman I believe that we should act in the best interests of only those who we serve, so I encourage my colleagues to only act in whatever way this poll results in:

• Yes, SCWS should be established as a Department
  • No, SCWS should not be established as a Department
  • No Opinion

0 voters

1 Like

no its not even active

4 Likes

Dear All,

I am writing to express concerns about the proposed creation of the Stapleton County Weather Service (SCWS) as a standalone department. The SCWS has shown shortcomings in managing activities such as and beyond meteorology, including security issues. Given these concerns, I strongly advise reconsidering the establishment of a new department.

Alternatively, if this department is really needed, I propose integrating the weather service under the Firestone Department of Commerce, either as the State Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (SOAA) or as the State Weather Service (SWS).

Before finalizing this decision, I urge a thorough evaluation of potential implications and, if necessary, discussion at the state level for a more comprehensive assessment.

Thank you for your attention.

BR,

Me

10 Likes

when u dm’ed me - ur primary point was “realism”… if you WANT realism then bucko u should see how its done irl…

3 Likes

Establishing businesses as a department sets a horrible precedent that businesses might get swooped up by the government and get taken over.

Also overall awful idea

5 Likes

mid. SCWS is kind of irrelevant.

2 Likes

what is the difference thats expected with having it as a Department vs a private business? duties? authority? what would change

2 Likes

I don’t think the department will be successful but I do feel like there needs to be change and more control / oversite of the agency as it keeps becoming inactive.

2 Likes

sounds like an uno reverse margaret thatcher

2 Likes

giving prom library ngl

2 Likes

my answer is: no

2 Likes

oh yeah their webhook got compromised, is this really the right decision

3 Likes

i remember i got threatened to get mass reported becuz of it lolz

2 Likes

im my personal opinion… we need to see SCWS TO THE MINIMUM show some activity/dedication before making it a Department

2 Likes

wtf would they do dawg

“oh big storm coming”

my guy the entire job would be afk farming

they never should have gotten tools, or anything of the sort

radar trucks? my ass

kill it, let bots do it

3 Likes

also i think it could get boring real fast

2 Likes

battle of the boring: scws vs dobw

see this episode next week!

4 Likes

ya their job is office work - how tf can that be a department (whoever says doj or courts - you have ligma)

2 Likes

TBF this is the truth as the Founder of Prominence Public Libary it was once a private business but then it was swooped up and asked to be merged with the city as part of their press corps. I didn’t like it at first but they gave me some benefits.

2 Likes

watch fed join the chat like “it’ll be like FEMA!”

5 Likes