Should FDOC be Bailiffs?

So, I was just looking some suggestions for FDOC from my employees, and the public and this issue popped up a lot. So, should FDOC have a “Bailiff Division”?

Well, when this issue popped up, people stated that it would be realistic, which I agree. Having any old bailiffs isn’t the best thing. Meanwhile, here you have actual officers that are trained to handle inmates, suspects, etc. Yes, bailiffs need to be POST Certified (last time I checked), but that doesn’t mean that they get to think like the inmates do. Meanwhile, FDOC CO’s do, as they spend most of their time giving them yard time, etc.

So, what would this Bailiff Division consist of?

The Baliff Division would replace the Public Relations Divison (maybe, not 100% sure on this), so it would be lead by a Captain, who would hold the Chief Bailiff position within the Firestone Courts group, along with the Warden. Then there would be a Deputy Director, Supervisor, etc. All positions would be managed by the Captain in charge of the division. Then the CO’s who wish to become bailiffs would go through a training course, which may consist of either one session, or two sessions (this will be decided if it becomes a thing), and then they would have to pass an exam, in order to make sure that they were paying attention and that FDOC only has the highest quality CO’s performing this task.

Of course, more details would be released if it was made a thing.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you support this idea.

4 Likes

Support,
Sergeant Roasted_laws

2 Likes

Support !!111!

2 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like

yes do this

1 Like

Love the idea!

1 Like

Ah yes, this is a great idea, POST Cert? Our officers are fully trained for this position, we handle inmates, prisoner transport, and a great investment as PR doesn’t really have any purpose when the Assistant Wardens and Warden handles the twitter and stuff.

Signed,
Droow
Assistant Warden
Firestone Department of Corrections

1 Like

sure.

1 Like

DOC4Bailiff

2 Likes

@FIoatmanjason

2 Likes

no

what we should do is SCSO Deputies be bailiffs as its a county and in rl deputies are bailiffs

3 Likes

lolno

2 Likes

Bailiff would be Deputies ;-;

2 Likes

If you trained them on how to actually do a Bailiff’s job properly instead of making them security guards then I support.

Sig1

2 Likes

im down for SCSO bailiffs

2 Likes

LOL, obviously. High quality training, my dude.

3 Likes

Ye urm… no.

3 Likes

Oof, this probably won’t happen. But oh well

2 Likes

I think this would be a great idea. It could open up for more opportunities in FDOC. In addition, it would be sensible to have those who are employed under the prison system to actually be bailiffs.

I support this.

Signed,

1 Like

Support. We currently lack bailiffs either at actual cases or at mock trials. Also, @K_Rev is a bailiff so, much support.

1 Like