Should FDOC be Bailiffs?

Maybe K_Rev can come back to FDOC? :wink:

2 Likes

fired

1 Like

LOL THIS IS FUNNY!! NO SUPPORT! FDOC IS FOR PRISON STAFF

1 Like

Some kind of bailiff division may benefit the DOC and its employment rating, however, with personal experience, it would be such a small division, as people simply aren’t interested in protecting the courthouse, fulfilling court orders, etc. as it simply isn’t interesting for them.

Now, from what I understand (as there isn’t a clear explanation what they would do), I think bailiffs would generally transport inmates to the correctional institute. First off, there is already (I believe) a division which handles prisoner transports. Second off, the prison bus is currently inoperable. Third off, it is extremely unrealistic that prison buses drive around the county picking up individuals who aren’t even processed through the court process.

In real life prison buses usually transport prisoners from the courthouse, local police station, or another penitentiary, to the said correctional institute, however all of those would be impossible to realistically represent in the county, as there isn’t a courthouse in the county, police stations can’t hold criminals, and there aren’t any other correctional institutes.

tl;dr the division would be too small and unnecessary, keep the bailiff division in the courts group please.

Signed,
thekerbal
Court Justice and Interim Chief Bailiff

1 Like

I agree with thekerbal.

Signed,
1superchris2
District Court Justice

1 Like

if bailiff division passes DOC is gonna be getting a shit ton of new applications

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons why we would like it.

2 Likes

Just going to drop this here because I can. https://strawpoll.com/hgp6zr5e

2 Likes

Support.

Signed,

1 Like

@Mr_Josh Okay? I used to think POST Cert was for educated people. Leave it to you to prove me wrong.

Support. Typically it’s county jailers but we dont have that soo, yeaa…

1 Like

The idea of the Bailiff division is that different law enforcement officers from different departments can come together as one. We would be happy to review applications from the Department of Corrections.

FIoatmanjason,
Chief Court Justice.

1 Like

SCSO and DoC irl would apprently do it if it was irl

So yeah why not?

Support

1 Like

Enabling the FDOC (and other LE agencies) to have the responsibility of operating as bailiffs is a good idea. It shouldn’t require an entire division; just a group of training individuals to be ranked in the Courts group and governed by the FDOC at Court Justices’ discretion and rotation.

In addition, the Courts can have an abundance of things, such as bailiffs from the LE agencies and clerks and interns from the DOJ. Finally, I know I’ve swayed from the topic, nonetheless, this would be a great addition.

Signed,
Brotix_RBLX

1 Like

or or or,

DoC and SCSO could be bailiffs

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind doing that. A joint division with SCSO? Sure, hit me up!

4 Likes

or or or,

dhs :triumph: :weary:

2 Likes

noooo sir

1 Like

Adding in a bailiff division for DOC and SCSO only would limit the ability for bailiffs from other departments to join, as the bailiff division is supposed to be an open, small, division for law enforcement individuals and POST Certified individuals that have spare time on their hands. (Essentially what float said)

Signed,
thekerbal
Court Justice and Interim Chief Bailiff

1 Like

I agree with thekerbal, if they want to be a bailiff so bad, then apply. We dont need our job being taken away so that you guy can have another. I like the idea of having DoC Invloved but not if we all lose our jobs in the courthouse. I would like to have DoC join in with us and have a division about it but not if the rest of us lose our jobs. I am currently in SCSO as a Major and I am not willing to leave SCSO so I can further my learning of teh court system. I am sorry but if your taking our jobs, Ill have to fight agenst it.

1 Like

Did I not just say that we would have it joint with SCSO? But whatever floats DOJ’s boat

2 Likes