SCFD Department Law Petition

Currently, by law, SCFD is only a primary position for those who hold the rank Senior Firefighter/Paramedic and higher. The ranks below, however, are only secondary positions. As the Fire Chief announced in the discord, “We are losing trained members in this department, faster than I can replace them.” A large, if not the whole, reason this is happening is because people want to be LEO which are also primary positions. Because of this, they leave (or do not join SCFD in the first place) in order to pursue those jobs.

Here is the law: A Bill to Amend “A Bill to Finalize Employment Regulations”
“Stapleton County Fire Department; only the ranks paramedic and lower shall be considered secondary.”

As the County’s District Attorney, I have tried multiple times to get this fixed, for the betterment of not just SCFD and the County, but everyone who is affected by the high crime rates in Stapleton County. Especially as there is no auto-healing, the need for SCFD to be its max potential is crucial to LEO’s being able to deal with shootings, and citizens not constantly dying. I really do hope that Fedora will consider this, and at least talk with myself, the Fire Chief, and County Executive and work with us to help save SCFD from crumbling.

Now, this would normally not matter, but Fedora instituted his own rule making ALL of SCFD a primary position, regardless of if you are below the rank Senior Firefighter/Paramedic. While I can sort of understand Fedora’s reasoning, it is still decimating the quality and activity of SCFD. Countless times, being a SCSO Deputy, there has not been SCFD on to respond to shootings and calls for medical assistance.

I am calling on the citizens and employees of Firestone to sign this petition calling on Fedora to remove his policy and allow the law making the ranks below Senior Firefighter/Paramedic to be Secondary. Until this change is made, SCFD will never reach its maximum potential and be able to effectively/properly serve Firestone like it should be allowed to do.

Signed,
Blastatack
District Attorney | Secretary of State

13 Likes

Supported and signed,

G_abee.

2 Likes

isn’t this already a law?
fed doesn’t even affect stateside law
the bill of rights literally says that he has no political power unless he holds a position specifying his abilities
so technically it should still be in place

5 Likes

Support,

Simple_CFrame

1 Like

Full Support

SCFD
Engine 11
Lieutenant

#SAVESCFD

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Supported

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support,

PatatoLaw

Support

1 Like

Support,
#SaveSCFD

2 Likes

Support. Without this, SCFD will not be able to keep up basic activity amounts required to be effective and helpful in the county.

2 Likes

Full support.

SWAT Tactical Sergeant
SC Councilman

1 Like

support
mastyjake,
lt of rescue 1
search and rescue commander

1 Like

Supported

Jonathan_McKay
Arborfield Mayor
SCFD Paramedic

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Signed,
Ogax

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support, though I doubt that Fed will change his mind about things.

1 Like

Support

1 Like