Running Radar in the Driver Seat

So, if you don’t already know, it is FRP to use tools in the driver seat of any vehicle, therefore running radar as an LEO while sitting in your patrol vehicle (driver seat) is not allowed. The problem with this is, it’s an inconvenience to have to get out of our vehicle just to clock speeds. It also disallows us from running radar while moving.

Usually, we would have to sit in a parking lot with our radar out, clock someone, if they’re speeding we have to run in our car, click the handle, and get up to speed to catch up with them. The only problem is by that time they’re already gone.

This isn’t the only reason why I’m suggesting this, I feel like we should have an in-car radar system to be able to sit on the side of the road and catch up to people as they speed by, to make it easier for us to enforce speeding, as that’s something that occurs daily in v2.

Here are some picture examples. I think ONE of these implemented into v2 would be great.

1. Allowing us to use the radar gun tool that we already have, in the driver seat

2. An actual radar system in our vehicle.

What do you think?
  • Option 1 (Radar Gun in Car)
  • Option 2 (In-car radar system)
  • Neither

0 voters

11 Likes

coming soon to a v3 near you

8 Likes

:laughing:

13 Likes

Support. The first one wouldn’t even need any development, just permission.

6 Likes

Who’s that guy in the photo you know him? Also the 2nd pic, did you take that pic irl? Also I agree we should have a system for radar, more realistic role play.

4 Likes

yes he definitely took a photo of a cop in real life

4 Likes

Support

4 Likes

well there would have to be a way to take out the radar while in the driver’s seat which isn’t possible using the current game mechanics

5 Likes

Support this. Built in-car radar would be very cool.

6 Likes

Pretty sure an in-car radar is planned for V3

5 Likes

There is a way, we just need permission as it’s currently FRP.

5 Likes

ok but im suggesting this for v2

5 Likes

Envelope can probably change it so that you can only take out certain tools in the drivers seat.

5 Likes

I know

5 Likes

I dont think its frp it just doesnt developmentally work

5 Likes

it is frp, you can get the radar out in the driver seat env just said no tools at all in driver seat. (by taking it out before you get in)

4 Likes

There’s a way to take it out, but it is FRP. Same goes for using the phone, protest sign, etc. in the driver seat

4 Likes

as of now for the driver its frp but the passenger is able to hold the radar gun out

5 Likes

yeah but for people who rarely partner patrol it kinda gets annoying to not be able to use it in the driver seat

6 Likes

This is a mood, support.

5 Likes