Rifles for all LEO departments

we have crt and swat for that. [x2]

how often will you be rushed by people with ARs? its not like criminals are that organized nowadays. beside, you can last that long. just page crt and swat, brace for cover and don’t fire back unless you know you’re safe. we have departmental restrictions for weapons for reasons and we’ve had them forever. no need to have rifles for everyone then, no need to have rifles for everyone now. you’re a leo, not rambo. if your life is on the line then find a way.

billy, don’t be a hero, don’t be a fool with your life

1 Like

I say if we get automatic rifles, atleast they have to be rank restricted. It could be good with auto rifles, but the glocks are good too. There’s usually atleast 1-2 DHS and 1 FNG on duty, so you could call then to come over there as they’re heavily armed.

I agree with @DannyboyJurist and the few others above, We have SWAT and CRT and SERT for a reason. If you want a rifle that badly, join one of them…

I highly doubt someone with a certification for weapons (Civi) is gonna shoot at police…

Agree, but then again if you’ve ever been in v2 lately is CHAOS by the time the SWAT or CRT is O/S the LEO’s are dead.

2 Likes

Funny considering I see DOT in game more than SWAT. Organized or not it’s not right to be sent out unprepared because SWAT and CRT want to be special. As I said, 91% of the largest police department in the US supply rifles to officers as well as shotguns. Therefore, it’d make sense to make our officers more prepared versus under prepared.

Exactly.

It was bad enough when you had shotguns
Noone used them properly. Imagine if uniformed had rifles. Bloody hell. If you want a rifle or need extra backup with heavier firepower, call the pekple whos job it is to give that extra firepower

We need this, we can’t wait for CRT or SWAT everytime as it takes time for them to respond and that is if they are online if they don’t then you have to page them and wait for them to loading their game. Officers are also in diffrent timezones and some timezones doesn’t have that many SWAT and CRT officers.

Thats why people in SWAT should be in game on standby, Not patroling but thats my opinion.

SWAT patrols wih their rifle

Mhm, they should be in-game on standby or at least have 1 swat operative patrolling. I was in SWAT before and that usually isn’t the case unless its a SOE.

I’m not against properly training people, I agree that they will likely be abused if they’re not implemented properly.

swat & crt don’t need to be in-game 24/7. again, how often do you see some big situation?
if you want a rifle just join dhs or swat, that simple.
we’re not the us, we’re not trying to be the us. we don’t need to follow those statistics.
there is no need for everyone to get rifles.

shall i point out that rifles shouldn’t matter? because they don’t.
you’re a leo. if you can’t take out a guy with a few clicks of a pistol, then what’s the use of your training?

billy, don’t be a hero, don’t be a fool with your life

But again what are he odds the people in SWAT are patrolling? If they were LEO’s wouldn’t be dead 24/7 and this and forum post would of never been made.

I’m not understanding why you’re only taking what I said out of context. Anyone that carries an assault rifle is immediately overpowering a LEO. We are outnumbered and outgunned already.

1 Like

“what are the odds the people in swat are patrolling”
pretty damn good if you’d page them

they don’t patrol on their own volition often, granted, but that doesn’t mean they need to be in-game 24/7.

“immediately overpowering a leo” is a weak excuse. if you have a gun, use it. a gun’s a gun. assault rifles tend to have a slower rate of fire than a pistol and a finger. use that to your advantage.

you were trained; use that training. if you’re being overpowered, then play it smart. again, you learned this in post. as a junior instructor i would think you’d know about how to act tactically. please use what you’re teaching in your own context.

billy, don’t be a hero, don’t be a fool with your life.

If we had 1 SWAT operative or 1 CRT agent the CHAOS in v2 would be handled accordingly considering if you’ve ever been in v2 for the past couple days its been ridiculous. It’s better to have 1 SWAT operative or 1 CRT agent patrolling with some type of rifle.

then don’t ask for rifles but ask for better activity on swat and crt’s end. not that hard to differentiate between “we need rifles for everyone” and “swat/crt doesn’t patrol enough”

A rifle would not help you in close quarters against a fucking AK47. Use your fucking training with your glocks. You all complain when there is a training hosted, how about you go to the training, learn the skills and then you won’t need a rifle.

1 Like