Revised tire pop

I think many people can agree we love the tire popping in the game with pits. But I think it’s a bit overkill when someone gets there tire popped (on purpose or accidentally) that the vehicles leans all the way to the side and is practically un-drivable. I think it should be made where the vehicle doesn’t lean but just the rubber is deflated causing speed reduction.

Also for LEOs, make it so you can turn the “Pit Mode” on by clicking a button… not just going Code 3, I can not stress the amount of times LEOs have hit me by mistake and caused me to call DoT.

4 Likes

May be hard to script.

1 Like

It’s still something that bothers people, so it might eventually be worth it.

1 Like

Maybe.

1 Like

Ye pls wheel popping is gay and OP Legit, all cops know me now and everytime they see me they pop all me wheels without warning its unrealistic and makes a FSP spike strips useless

2 Likes

It is realistic and is not OP, doesn’t make FSP spikes useless.

1 Like

not realistic, in Real life cops can’t touch a car with their ram bar and the wheels EXPLODE…what the fudge do you watch 90’s cartoons? Police officers use their ram par to do pit maneuvers and usually to box the suspect, or make the vehicle do a 360 and then they pink the car with their car…so that is Not realistic…and it does make fsp kinda useles…b4 OP Wheel popping came cops would always do legit cool pit maneuvers on me and fsp would plan out spots to use their strips which is very realistic…so it is OP I Mean u aint even a criminal so u have never been popped unless it was a mistake by a leo or you failing to yeild for them…so how would you know? The ONLY time wheel popping isn’t op is if you got a fricking 64K Or something SRT DC…They fast as fudge. but other than that kiss it goodbye

1 Like

1st, trips are used for something else, like traps, they are used really different from rambars.
2nd, it is pretty hard to pop tires, especially if the car is faster than you, so it’s not OP.
3rd, if you can make a script that will turn the car around so it will be realistic enough without lagging the game then go ahead.

2 Likes

We need wheel popping here. We can’t pit cars because of Roblox physics and criminals are already a bit OP with the SRT. LEOs don’t have a rambar button. The rambar is activated by a certain light pattern.

3 Likes

We don’t need a script that can turn cars around… And it is OP, As I said before the only car you can get away in sometimes is the SRT, And course maybe in a mustang if few LEOS are online, if 3 or so Leos join you are pretty much done for, I played fs of course back when wheel popping was not a things, and cops always managed to get me the realistic way, they would always Box me, FSP would use spike strips, and so on…oh my god don’t even let me get started when Asu was alive, it was nearly impossible to escape if you had a Helicopter on your tracks…and a lot of cops abuse wheel popping…so I want it Remoooved

1 Like

Anyone who abuses wheel popping should be punished, not the feature removed, it’s the logic of our devs (Yeah yeah) to remove stuff instead of punishing. If you are a good driver then you can evade even on a CV without your tires being popped. Tires popping isn’t OP because it’s balanced enough. And I repeat, spikes are used in an other way. About boxing without wheels, before it was much harder to stop a vehicle because even if a car is boxed, suspect can still get out because Roblox, while tires popping only hardens the driving a bit, it doesn’t even reduce speed (When it actually is supposed to do).

1 Like

I mean yeah it is possible to evade in a CV but anything is possible, Thats like saying yeah you can evade from a bear charging at you if you are a fast runner, the chances are slim to none. And thats also realistic, in real life pursuits last for hours and hours mist of the time and I’m a pretty decent driver and again before the op wheel popping came, I was getting my wheels popped by FSP and I was boxdd a lot and I’m not sure what you mean by ‘if you are boxes you can great away because Roblox,’ If you are boxed you are done for unless a criminal comes and helps you evade in their ride…that’s all I’m saying

1 Like

Just note, that popping tires is an exchange to pit maneuver. If a good pit maneuver would be made, we would use it instead, but there is none, that’s the only point of tire popping.

1 Like

OH, WELP now that I know that …a lot will change

1 Like

Tire popping has been a thing since V1. We didn’t have tire popping in V2 beta until LEOs got their new cars.

1 Like

DOT is never online so don’t waste your time waiting for DOT that will never come.

1 Like

yea thats kinda the point of popping ur tire

3 Likes

There’s only so much that we can do to make this game realistic. Please note;

Although YOU may be a good driver, good RPer, etc. please know there are NOOBS UPON NOOBS who FRP, etc. and don’t like that RP. Having tire popping is a better way to control them and at least more realistic than just cuff rushing them for getting out of a boxed in.

Also, please note that ROBLOX can only support so much. You say we don’t need a script to do a pit? Lets try it right now without a script; your car will glitch out. Don’t even blame the devs, blame ROBLOX.

As for the potential cops who overuse the popping, they can be dealt with. Im a DFC in SCSO and a former Lieutenant, I can talk with my close command buddies to get some disciplinary code in for this.

Finally, please remember that this is a game. In real life,

1. Pursuits DO last a long time. As for a game, they need to be short and sweet but still a good RP experience. We can’t be playing a game for hours in a pursuit.

2. There are WAY less criminals compared to the population. Let’s face it, Firestone is full of lots of wannabe criminals who just run around GTA, reckless, and running people over. They are all kids. IRL, if you’re a criminal, you get SO MANY PUNISHMENTS, not 120 seconds in a fake prison. IRL, most citizens are law-abiding. You drive the streets and there are rarely any reckless drivers or pursuits out of the millions of drivers daily. So let’s just say, in order to keep up with the large population of reckless criminals, we have to have some sort of OP way to control them.

3 Likes

only fair if civs can pit cops too :wink:

4 Likes

Revised, not removing. Making it less common for unwanted tire pops

1 Like