Remove RICO

As the title suggests, let’s remove the RICO Act so we can have some organized crime activity without killing it. The game is so much better when you have organized criminals. Have the FBI do surveillance and take them to court and stuff. When you RICO organizations, it just destroys them and discourages people from becoming criminals. This is a game of cops and robbers, if we have no robbers, we’re no longer a cops and robbers game. It then becomes a painful game cops and noobs.

11 Likes

support

3 Likes

90% sure that we became that a while ago : (

4 Likes

yeah you’re one of the noobs

2 Likes

I’ve always disliked the RICO act, its not fun.

2 Likes

Organized crime in FS has been garbage since the post-V1 era. It’s just ten fuckers dressing the exact same, FRPing, and being fucking obnoxious. God no. Stomp that shit into the ground

11 Likes

It beats most the good criminals leaving the community leaving us with 10 year olds and exploiters

2 Likes

My brother in Christ the ten year old exploiters are the gangs you want to let run around unchecked

5 Likes

Interesting.

3 Likes

i don’t believe that rico itself is a bad concept, however the firestone execution of it is sub-par (like many other things)

rico hasn’t been used for a long time, im sure we can all agree. so im gonna make 2 propositions:

1: give organized criminal organizations some form of incentive to operate
2: rewrite the rico act to give some limitations on how an organization is rico’d (possibly a court hearing of a sort or a different real-life equivalent) and what being rico’d entails

ok bye

4 Likes

dont remove rico

2 Likes

Keep the RICO act.

its extremely rare for it to be used, the last time I personally got Rico charges was in 2021 February. the reason why its there is for roleplay. FBI uses Rico as an act of sanction towards organized crime groups, them announcing it in state-announcements, etc. FBI doesn’t RICO every crime group aswell, they only do it to the most dangerous groups that they deem. In 2021, there was multiple crime groups, and only 2 got rico’d, davinco crime family and some italian group, since the FBI deemed them as a major threat.

RICO got altered like a year ago with the 900 FSD fine being dropped believe or reduced to a very small amount, so it doesn’t cause much of a problem to anyone.

2 Likes

Its already impossible even if ur not in a crime group, you do a bank rob, you get pinned, then no point in trying if you already know your screwed

3 Likes

@CarIosCarmine :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

3 Likes

Completely agree, Not like we have any criminals right now to begin with due to the unbearable lag that occurs when you shoot a gun, What criminal would want to play when you’re ping sky rockets from 100-10,000 as soon as you pull the trigger. But anyways yeah RICO is trash, They get rid of criminals and push them away but then complain and ask for action when they’re bored.

4 Likes

If you’re gonna keep shit-talking, keep it off the forums.
We’re actively trying to solve the issue which you are well aware of.

Stop it.

4 Likes

dude the last RICO was given out back in 2021. I don’t think RICO was even given to any gang in 2022 lol

1 Like

out of all the things people could find to play the blame game with- it’s a law that hasn’t been used in about 2 years, trust me guys, RICO used to be OP but no in days if it was used it could not do half the damage people hype it up as.

Also let’s be honest, if RICO was removed right now gangs wouldn’t just magically come back and do fun stuff- that chapter has closed for most of the people who did organized crime back then, either with bordem, or just life.

There’s not much organized crime you can do here- you can get your friends into the same outfit, go rob a bank, get killed, spend 900 seconds in jail, rinse and repeat, or the same cycle with mass murders.

5 Likes

Are you ignoring history or just forgetful, more gangs then just 2 were ever issued a RICO warrant, one of them being Poop Gang. The issue isn’t the law itself its the way its enforced. Back when i was in Poop Gang all or most of us were arrested on sight simply for dressing as a scoobis or hanging out with people who were dressed as a scoobis. Its extremely anti-player and very annoying to deal with

3 Likes

what the heck is a poop gang

2 Likes