Regarding Further Lowering the Max Prison Time

I filed one yesterday night, took me maybe two minutes

1 Like

funny how this whole thread is just by LEOs,

but i do think that it shouldn’t even be 12 hours… and that it should be lower BUT 12 hours is better then 72 hours in a small box.

when I use to do crime i was literally afraid i was going to be prosecuted, and just arrested for as long as legally possible, making me quit/leave the community altogether.

1 Like

that’s cash money and all but if we lower it too much, we’re looking at an extreme overpopulation of criminals.

2 Likes

Perhaps, which is why we lower it slowly.

1 Like

I still think the max should be like an hour but 12 hours is a step in the right direction

I really don’t understand how any of you think it’s ok to sentence somebody to a full real life day for a crime in a cops vs robbers game

5 Likes

I stand by the notion that each crime should have a minimum and a maximum (and the addition of a motion to sentence under the mandatory minimum). These times could be significantly lower (say, even, first degree murder could have a cap of 2 hours).

You should get penalized based off of what and how much you do—not some uniform standard. This would further regulate and prohibit judicial bias whilst also providing adequate regulations for citizens.

Of course, the easiest way to create this would be through proper codification, but it seems like no one is willing to actually do that in this state cough Governor administration

5 Likes

in precisely 32 hours sentencing guidelines will be implemented

and it’s the plan to further codify everything next term, whether or not I’m LTG

1 Like

Reform is really only useful to the criminals who decide they want to go and see what the legal side of Firestone has to offer

1 Like

12 hours is still way too much. However, I think this gradual decrease is really beneficial! 24 hours was not crazy, contrary to what most people believed. Let’s see how 12 hours go.

2 Likes

12 hours is a good time for criminals. Eventually a decrease would work but 12 hours is a great start.

2 Likes

like danny said before, this is a game reform is not needed. they’re criminals because they want to be criminals. we need criminals to keep running this game

1 Like

you said it brotha, 12 hours is a good cap

2 Likes

Are we finally doing it or not? I heard those quite a few times and yet nothing… Also can we have it like MF when you are in prison and then you leave the game, the time still goes on. But it quite shows Congress that they don’t listen to this

1 Like

no sir

1 Like

yeah it should be lowered to 12 hours. i think the lowest it should go is 6 hours because if it goes too low then you might not have enough time to do a really good escape role play from the DOC

1 Like

I agree I would not mind spending 2 hours in prison for first-degree murder, it’s rare you even get prosecuted. Having a jail standard is pretty dumb. My brother got prosecuted almost 2 months ago for first-degree murder and he got 25 hours, he still has not been in the game to serve his time, it’s literally a tempt ban.

Exactly, all that does is make players stop playing Firestone just like my bro. Most people who get prosecuted are actually criminals who roleplay, not some toxic noob who is bored and just reckless drives and runs people overall day.

V3 will prob finally fix this issue since we all will actually have the activities to do

1 Like

I’ve been a firm supporter of lower jail times, and this is a step further in that direction.

Support.

2 Likes

Being in SCFD, we’re hit by a constant barrage of people who are FRPing, destroying our RP, ramming our scenes, and ruining everything for us. I was in FDOT for a while, had the same issue, and everyone can just see what happens to DPW too. The people who do these things have no interest in participating in Firestone’s community and are here just to troll. Frankly, they should not be here. Many have had mod actions before, but they wait the few days for the ban to expire and just come back and do the same thing. Although yes I understand that FRP is bannable and stuff, it just isn’t strict enough there. Having the long jail times at least gives an option for these people not to come back, as they aren’t gonna wait in game 24 hours. If it comes to weighing whether an an FS department is coming under harm and losing members cause of this or if we are picking those who cause problems here, I hope we pick the departments. These are my primary reasons why I feel that we need to have longer prison times and penalties.

2 Likes

there should be stricter FRP rules and more of a mod presence to fix this, legitimate criminals who don’t just shoot random public employees and random citizens for no reason shouldn’t be lumped in with the FRPing losers and sentenced to a full day too

3 Likes

Yeah, but those aren’t the people being jailed.

2 Likes