Regarding Further Lowering the Max Prison Time

In my time as a judge and legislator I strongly pushed the lowering of the max prison time to 24 hours. Though many claim that is still a lot for a video game such as @Elite_Creations. And I suppose I can agree. It’s been a over a month since we lowered the max and unsurprisingly nothing has changed. VAers are still VAing, criminals are still shooting up the place now and then. From my personal observation the lowering hasn’t really affected anything negatively, and has eased the burden on the criminal community (which we need to function). So, why not lower it to twelve? 24 hours is still a lot of time to spend in a virtual box, you can’t even functionally escape from the prison unless you have two or less hours left of time. However, I still feel Treason and Coup offenses should stay at 24 hours, as those crimes only make the principles and accomplices amused and can negatively impact hundreds of players. But yeah, I want your opinions!

• Lower to 12 hours
  • Keep at 24 hours

0 voters

2 Likes

ive tried to lower it to 15

so no, i dont think the current congress will let you lower it to 12

3 Likes

Which is why I’m doing the poll. If the people agree I can just shame people into voting aye :+1:
Especially since the Congressional term ends once the next Governors get elected.

7 Likes

NO. KEEP IT AT 24.

4 Likes

i’d put it down to 4 hours max because why the fuck- :leg:

5 Likes

I’m open to the idea, but I’d like to slowly decrease it to ensure we don’t accidentally fuck ourselves.

2 Likes

Well, they should learn better after being in jail for the 100th+ time.

2 Likes

Reform isn’t really a thing here, nor can it be if we want the game to function.

4 Likes

ATLEAST LOWER IT TO 20

2 Likes

Btw, if you mouse over the parts of the pie chart you can see the number value of votes for each part

2 Likes

wheres the option to increase back to 72

3 Likes

That’s a bad option. Even the judges don’t support 72 hours.

2 Likes

suggestion: give doc a sign with an arrow pointing down, and have it say “kick me”. then what you’re going to do is have them put it around their stomach area, so it implies that the government and all the criminals should kick them straight in the testicles.

although I can care less on how much time we have, dropping it down to 4 will promote more frp-based crime, and have less prisoners in DOC’s custody, therefor giving them almost nothing to do.

I think along with that bill to lower times to 4 hours, you should also include a section that shuts down DOC, because you’re essentially sealing their fate with this idea.

4 Likes

I have been in DOC for almost a month and patrol daily or bi-daily, and I’ve yet to see a court sentenced inmate show up.

2 Likes

danielle, you’re a good person, actually one of the only genuine people left in this state. don’t start doing that thing where around election season you start trying to appeal to all the little communities for votes.

don’t stoop to their levels.

5 Likes

If I was doing that the bill would already be proposed. I said when I achieved the 24 max I’d be interested in lowering it more, but wanted to wait and see how the 24 max would affect things.

1 Like

the existance of DOC is whackers no matter with or without 72 hours jail sentences

also are u implying that when we had 72 hour sentences we had less frp crimes?

2 Likes

We really didn’t, big sad

1 Like

These polls happen every other week like something new is gonna happen :expressionless:

3 Likes

Not slot of people take the time to file a court case because it takes a month and a half. It’s not even worth it by then to go after the person

2 Likes