RE: Should Felon workers be permitted to be in DOT/DPW?

While this has been discussed multiple times now, I am here again to gather the public’s opinion on felon workers being employed in departments like DOT and DPW.

Over a year ago, another thread was created for the same purpose; however, nothing came out of it (mostly because it was nearly a split decision poll).

Obviously, I don’t think that criminals with hundreds of records should be employable in a state department, but I do believe that criminals with fewer than 10 arrests should at least be considered. If the arrests are not recent and/or severe (giving discretion to the department), departments should at least have the option of considering them.

The only thing preventing this from being permitted at the moment is EO #33.

Overall, I think that this would be a sound decision to improve the activity of Firestone and give those who started a criminal lifestyle an opportunity to be employed and potentially rehabilitate themselves.

So, I come to the great Citizens of Firestone to ask…

This would obviously be subject to some limitations. Criminals with extensive records would not be considered here. Feel free to reply with additional thoughts

Should Public Employee Departments (DOT / DPW) allow felon workers?

Should Public Employee Departments (DOT / DPW) allow felon workers?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

cool so can i get employed

4 Likes

I don’t mind. Also hi slee

2 Likes

Hello Philip!

2 Likes

justice 4 felons

3 Likes

No no bo

2 Likes

nooooooo.

1 Like

I think, up to one (or two) misdemeanor

2 Likes

copying commerce much

anyways, im in support of this. low-grade felons should be able to do public employee work if trustworthy, because records don’t mean they aren’t trustworthy. people with larger records should also be able to have more “desk jobs” that don’t involve being on teams

fyi, eo33 got nullified, it is now eo 63 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sGX0GEkk9qZDVOoYHszHrDQLKeckLA15/view

11 Likes

do the crime they should get the punishment, it’s not that hard to stay clean.

3 Likes

lets not turn this into erlc

2 Likes

not gonna lie I just cringed so hard when I read this

10 Likes

enforce dot quota slee

2 Likes

cringe. this games got fuck all to do freely outside of being a criminal. refusing them opportunities for more exploration of the rest of the state on the basis they give you something to do whilst you sit on v2 for 7 hours a day (them conduct criminal activity) is just a bit selfish now isnt it dear

9 Likes

who’s for dps hiring felons too?

6 Likes

I’m for DPS hiring nobody.

4 Likes

i’m for enforcing ur shitty activity requirements

1 Like

What activity requirements

1 Like

30 minutes per calendar week!!

1 Like

Boring.